on 19 April 2014
This is a book about a very brave woman. We all came to know her as a woman with Multiple Scleroses and who went through the courts here in Ireland for the right to die when she chose.that the time was right for her. Her case was not successful but she certainly raised the issue and received great admiration when she appeared in court everyday. But her early life was equally interesting and I found this part of the book a great read. I will just say buy this book. You wont be disapointed
on 25 February 2014
I was totally enthralled with this book from the first pages.....i vaguely know of this remarkable lady but did not know her whole story. The book is written in a very readable fashion. Marie Fleming R.I.P. was an exceptional person who not only survived her unkindly early life, she rose above it. I have total admiration for her after reading her story & she is an inspiration to the human race...... I found that I didn't want to stop reading her story. Definitely worth reading.
on 17 June 2014
I loved this poignant book. I had watched the court case on the tv news and was very interested to know more about Marie herself. What a wonderful brave, caring woman and her family must be so proud of her. A must read!
on 24 October 2014
FANTASTIC book. Such a brave and dignified family. Marie took everything thrown at her right through her life such a brave, articulate and intelligent woman. Tom was her guardian angel on earth. She fought everyday to the end but unfortunately Irish law chose to let her die in pain and made the end of her life unnecessarily painful and made the short time she had left with her family and her guardian angel Tom extremely stressful and upsetting for everyone. All she wanted to do was have Tom grant her final wish without fear of punishment to him by the Irish judicial system. It's very sad to think such antiquated laws still exist today. This book is beautifully written and WELL worth the money. RIP Marie Fleming.
on 1 March 2014
I found reading about the early part of Marie's life difficult. I marveled at how she survived all she went through in those days. I am in awe of the person she subsequently became in spite of what seemed to be an impossible beginning. This lady was, and is, a Legend. Her legacy lives on through the continuing work of her wonderful partner, Tom Curran. I wish him well in his endeavors.
on 3 March 2014
It was a privilege to read this book by such a remarkable woman.Her journey through life was never easy but nothing stopped her making an impact during her life and since her death.May she live on in her children and grand children and her anum cara Tom.
on 3 March 2014
A lovely story of triumph over adversity. What a beautifully written story of such a difficult life. Also it is a story about love and acceptance of others.
on 27 February 2014
This book has been an inspiration .Marie was a woman of substance and
So lucky to have the true love of her wonderful children and Tom.
on 23 February 2014
A truly amazing read. I knew Marie when she worked in the hotel & never realised she went on to become such a fantastic person. May she rest in peace.
on 2 March 2014
Incredible lady, would loved to have met her personally. A very loving person, and so lucky to have raised a beautiful daughter and son.
Her partner Tom is amazing. R.I.P