5.0 out of 5 stars The Reboot With Joe Cross Diet
This book is absolutely perfect for the average or first time person to start juicing, it's simply laid out perfectly, no hype or bulls...t, the best book I have ever read on juicing, it beats all others, and I've only had this book for a week, it meets all my expectations and a lot more.
Joe explains everything in lay mans language step by step, the plans, 3 day...
Published 17 months ago by David McCall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me but probably really good
I thought this was a book of recipes but it's a big fat book of a health plan. It's very extensive and more than I wanted. That's not to say it's not good but I was just after a recipe book so I could use the juicer hiding in my cupboard. I've passed it on to a friend who is into juicing and this way of life, who will definitely get more out of it than I could have. Not...
Published 6 months ago by Moo

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reboot With Joe Cross Diet, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet - Lose weight, get healthy and feel amazing: As seen in the hit film 'Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead' (Paperback)
Joe explains everything in lay mans language step by step, the plans, 3 day juicing , 5 day juicing , loads of recipes, nobody will ever feel hungry losing weight, forget weight watchers that doesn't work for most people.
He explains his life's experiences for NOT juicing in the first place and having really bad health, this is one book everyone should read and implement, that's if you want to extend ones lifespan, this is truly ''the'' book to read, so people get juicing for a better life for you and your family, thank you Joe Cross.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling amazing, no more migraines!, 28 May 2015
Purchased after watching the two documentaries, I'm a UK size 12 but I've never been healthy when it comes to getting your 5 a day. Some days I'd manage 1, instead going for sugary rubbish and processed food. I suffered from unbelievably bad migraines and headaches, always had skin problems, and raynaud's disease.

This book bought along side a juicer is such a great investment, the recipes are really good - Australian Gold my all time favourite. I've been buying fruit and veg I've never heard of, and really enjoying reading through and being on a HEALTHY diet!

I've swapped 2 meals a day for veggie juice, breakfast and lunch. I do occasionally snack but only fruit and veg, and I feel AMAZING.
I've been on the diet for over 2 months, haven't had a single headache or migraine where as before I'd have 4-5 a week. I felt lethargic and lazy, now I'm like the Duracell bunny ;) My skin is fantastic, my raynaud's doesn't bother me as much and I no longer crave additive and sugars.

I feel as though I've started fresh, I've been using a body composition monitor to track my progress as well as weekly weigh ins. My body water content has shot up, fats are falling, and muscle has upped. Weight wise I've lost a stone, I can get those jeans on which I'd have to wiggle the heck into before. It's inspired my family to go veggie 2/3 times a week, we've learned so much about where our food comes from and what it does to us.
Yet we still pork out and have a takeaway once a week, Sunday dinner isn't debatable - but the rest of the time it's fruit and veg. You can be naughty, you can still eat what you want to eat, you just need to make sure you make up for it and give your body the nutrients it craves.

I wouldn't buy the book if I hadn't seen the documentary, so if in doubt check that out first (Netflix).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results and I'm not really into diets and mumbo jumbo, 20 Aug. 2014
This works!

I am not sticking to the diet plans and juice recipes truly and faithfully and I have been snacking on healthy things like nuts and berries and the occasional salad. But I have cut out ALL junk food, all processed foods, booze, coffee, traditional carbs which I bloody love: pasta, potatoes, bread, completely out.
I too have been cycling and swimming a few times each week.

Due to my high blood pressure (as well as my lardieness) I have been doing this under a doctors supervision, as Joe advises. I am grateful for this as monitoring the results formally has been fascinating and my doctor has been amazed, and keen to know how I'd done so well after years of medication doing nothing.

After one week 'transitioning' into the diet (reducing quantity and getting rid of the rubbish stuff, making soups from fresh ingredients, eating plain omelettes, and yoghurt, beans on their own etc.) I have almost completed four weeks of mainly juicing and:
- My cholesterol has gone from 6.5 to 4.8.
- My blood pressure has gone from 160+/85 to 115/65.
- My weight has gone from 17stone on the nose to 14stone 9lbs - (33lbs lost!).
People comment on how much more cheerful I am, and I have even let friends take photos with me (something I have been self conscious about for too long). I have even bought shorts to wear from Abercrombie and Fitch (again not been a possibility before!).

It obviously takes discipline and some planning (wish I'd have bought a more expensive juicer - too much soggy pulp in the 40quid price range). It can be expensive if you buy all organic - which I had to stop after the first week. I now stock up on fruits and veg in Lidl (which I'd never used before) and save a fortune doing so - they're really half the price of the big supermarkets. I keep Waitrose for the purchase of coconut water, fresh ginger and herbs only now.

Once I'd invested in the juicer, this book and the fresh fruit&veg I had to give it a good go, and am pleased I did. The results might have been even better if I didn't demand 'real' food from time to time during the detox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juicing on a Budget, 3 Jan. 2014
After reading peoples' reviews, thought I'd share what worked for me when I was juicing January last year after seeing Joe's documentary. I did the same as he did (cut out solid food completely and had juices for 40 days). I purchased most of my vegetables & fruits from the local markets (at the weekends - bulk buy) and most of them have great, cost effective offers i.e. 6 apples for £1.50 etc. I used to pay about £25 a week to £30 if I wanted additional berries. There were times, when I'd have some fruit & veg left over for the following week. Purchasing from supermarkets you'll find yourself paying more for less. Hope this will be of help for anyone who reads this. Good Luck: P

5.0 out of 5 stars Good way to add fruit and veg into your diet., 27 July 2014
After watching 'Sick, Fat and Nearly dead'. I began looking into juicing. This book is really good. Gives you good plans and recipes. I have just brought a juicer and have enjoyed trying out some new recipes. Good if you want to add more fruit and veg into your diet too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Am sleeping much better and generally feel very well, 7 July 2014
I found this book very inspiring. At 72 years old , I have given up caffeine, haven't had a cuppa for 2 months now and don't miss it at all. I have adapted juicing into my diet as an extra boost of healthy eating, didn't do a full reboot as I have no need to lose weight. Am sleeping much better and generally feel very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring, easy read., 7 Oct. 2014
Well worth a read (in conjunction with the excellent documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"). Very inspiring and I'm planning to buy a juicer and incorporate juice into my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 19 Jun. 2014
I saw the film and then I bought the book. This book is a comprehensive guide to the reboot juice diet full of ideas helpful tips and guidelines and a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Feb. 2014
Great motivation. Have done the juice diet for 15 days now and feel great. Watched Fat. Sick and Nearly Dead and that really inspired me

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 25 Jan. 2014
Best most useful book I have bought. It is now very well used with notes all over it 😀 😀