5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!
Published on 25 Sept. 2012 by DonnaC

3.0 out of 5 stars HOT ROMANCE WITH A TWIST
Olivia Townsend is staying with her rich and not so nice cousin Marissa. Olivia is studying to be an accountant to help her father in his business.

Published on 16 Oct. 2012 by Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Down to You (Kindle Edition)
Well M Leighton, that ending is just too damn cruel....please tell me that the "to be continued" is being continued pretty damn quick...a great story, one that I have been waiting for, for what seems like ages...lots of love, sex and romance with the usual angst thrown in....a real turn of events that I never saw coming and then the end :-( I need to know what happens to Nash, Cash and Olivia please....quickly....super book well done.

3.0 out of 5 stars HOT ROMANCE WITH A TWIST, 16 Oct. 2012
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Down to You (Kindle Edition)

While out on a hen night for one of her friends at a club, she mistakes the owner Cash Davenport for the stripper. The next morning she meets Marissa's boyfriend for the first time, and is horrified to discover he is Cash. But is quickly corrected by Marissa who informs her that this is Nash Davenport. Cash and Nash are identical twins. Olivia immediately prefers Nash as he is in the last throes of his internship to be a lawyer. Whereas Cash is the archetypal bad boy complete with tattoos. Olivia has her her fair share of bad experiences with bad boys. But Nash is totally off limits he is Marissa's. but as both brothers are totally gorgeous Olivia can't help wanting them both.

While the idea for this story is good. There were parts that I didn't like too much. The writing is good, even though here and there the plot felt a little forced. The sex scenes were very hot and passionate and were well written.

What I was not so keen on was the cheating element of the story. Olivia is quick to tell her friend Ginger when she encourages her to go for Nash. That she is not that girl who poaches others boyfriends. It's a shame that her actions do not match her words. In fact at one point there is a scene where I was amazed at Olivia's attitude. Oh but it was all okay because Marissa isn't a nice person! As for Nash and Cash they might be gorgeous, but they are manipulative and economical with the truth themselves. The twist when it was revealed was no surprise to me as I had very quickly guessed what it was almost from the start. Plus I was expecting a complete story here. This though ends on a cliffhanger. I was surprised as nowhere in the Amazon blurb that i could see does it say that this is Part one of a series.
Overall I liked it, just not as much as as those who thought that this was worth five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.75 stars, 7 May 2013
Sandy S. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down to You (Paperback)
REVIEW: DOWN TO YOU is the first storyline in M.Leighton's contemporary romance The Bad Boys series. Although I am a little late to the party and the `big secret' is well known, I had the opportunity to review this book, so I scooped up the chance to read it.

The storyline focuses on Olivia Townsend, a hard working, young woman who works as a bartender to pay her way through college. Hoping to get her degree in accounting so she can assist in her father's business, Olivia is offered a more lucrative position at a bar run by bad-boy Cash Davenport. But to her surprise, she will discover that his twin brother Nash is dating her cousin. Enter brother number two, and the heat is on. Olivia is sexually and physically attracted to each brother but in a different way and the brother's in return want Olivia -each for themselves.

The reader follows Olivia as she is pulled between the two men-Cash the personification of the bad boy who pushes all of her buttons-and Nash-the up and coming lawyer with the perfect manners and behavior every woman should want in a mate. As the storyline progresses, we will discover that the Davenport men have a few secrets and once revealed to Olivia she feels the world about to crash in around her when lies and deceit threaten the growing love she feels for both men.

M.Leighton draws the reader into the storyline as we get up close and personal with Olivia and the internal battle she wages with herself knowing that in the end the bad boy will break her heart. There big reveal was not unexpected and I believe that we may see more of the twins in book two. The writing is simple but entertaining. The sexual heat keeps the blood racing and in the end, there is a temporary HEA with a hint at what's to come.

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe(dot)com

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cliffhanger!!!!, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Down to You (Paperback)
WOW! I think i'm speechless.

The story plot is original and really cool. I just love it when a girl has to choose between to hot guys. And believe me when i say, they are hot!

Just the very first page is so intriguing and funny! I kept on laughing throughout the whole book. I LOVE books with good humor.

The characters were very realistic and i think they very well described. I could easily connect and fall in love with all of them. Olivia ( main character) was a bit shy, but she always stood up to a challenge, and i just adored that. Cash ( one of the ' twins') was a perfection to me. I think i kinda fell for him as well. And when they went away together, that was so sweet!

Olivias and Cash's ( plus Nash's) relationship wasn't rushed. It didn't feel rushed to me, i think it was just right.

To be honest, i was not expecting to love this book, i thought it was going to be ok. But, oh my, was i wrong. I didn't want to stop reading it! And i also forgot to mention - there was a HUGE twist that i did not see coming.

The ending was just GLORIOUS! My eyes winded like a moon. Seriously, what a cliffhanger. I CAN NOT wait to read the second book.

Overall, Down to You is an amazing book that had me hooked form the very first page. Funny, sexy, awesome and very well written.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 20 April 2013
I was very excited about reading this book after trying the sample, however I found the book to be total rubbish. If you managed to get past the silly names of the men in the book (twins Cash and Nash!) then well done to you. The main character Olivia was very annoying. The book just didn't flow for me. I was very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sea of heartbreak?!!, 10 Oct. 2012
Amazon Customer (Bolton, Nr Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down to You (Kindle Edition)
Read the 'Blood Like Poison' series (paranormal romance - my favourite kind of love!), so knew that this author really knows how to tell a tale that makes you invest everything emotionally!!
In 'Down To You', her leading lady, Olivia, is strong, believable and a recovering addict of those enticing bad-boys. But Cash could be her bit of rough if only she would trust herself! However Nash is the safer option, if only he wasn't already dating her cousin! Oh the choice!! The spark is lit promisingly for both men!! And they're brothers!! Twins even!!
How this situation plays out, with all its clever twists, makes for a steamy story that keeps you gripped right up until the final page!! And the epilogue promises that there is more to come in the future.......!!! I'll be in the queue for that one!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my style of book, 3 Mar. 2014
This book started well but soon went down hill. I felt that the main character,Olivia was lacking in sense and morals. I found that she became quite unlike able as the story progressed. The so called twist simply cemented my dislike of the story. I regret buying it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, cliffhanger ending, 13 Feb. 2013
misty (Guernsey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down to You (Paperback)
If you liked 50 shades you'll like this. There's a lot of sex in it but there is also a story in there. Unfortunately, the story ends on a cliffhanger so you feel you need to read the second book (Up to Me) to find out what happens. I've just finished the second book and that too ends on a cliffhanger, but to be honest I'm not that interested any more.

This book had its good points. It's not written particularly well, but that's probably not what people are looking for in a book like this.

What I did take exception to is the twist near the end. Without giving too much away I was left wondering about the practicalities which were never explained. It was just accepted that that was what happened.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Down to You (Paperback)
I loved this book so much I have re-read it twice already.
I found the story funny in places, I particularly loved Cash and Nash. Even though I knew where the story was going it didnt stop my enjoyment of reading it.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys these types of books.
I am very much looking forward to the next book which I hope there will be one as it says at the end to be continued, so please put me out of my misery and let me know when I can get hold of the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Phew where's the fan!!!! ♥♥♥, 10 Feb. 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Down to You (Kindle Edition)
Oh my Lord why did it take me so long to get round to reading this book! I mean come-on my book reading friends why were you not screaming at me to read this book and like pronto!

Its effin' awesome!!

I loved the writing style, I loved the characters, oh my Lordy Lord are they HOT HOT HOT or what!!!

Great twist, great story and I can only imagine the suspense as we sail into the next book, phewy I am fanning myself from all the scrummy hotness that is Cash/Nash/Liv.

I cannot wait to jump straight into the next book, just a little sad that book three isn't out yet so I can devour all in one go but by crikey am I loving this trilogy.

Down to You (Bad Boys 1)
Down to You (Bad Boys 1) by M. Leighton (Paperback - 11 July 2013)