4.9 out of 5 stars1,383

on 14 July 2013
I found this book utterly inspiring. I read it with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat, on the day I got it. I simply had to finish it before I went to sleep.
The book follows on from 'A street cat named Bob', and continues the story about James' life with the cat who just refused to leave James' side. The book is harrowing at times and gives a real insight into life 'on the streets' and the survival of some of society's most vulnerable people.
There are smiles too and Bob is, of course, adorable. Nevertheless, James is an absolute inspiration. He makes no effort to hide the fact that this book is 'ghost' written, but his story again moved me to tears.
on 15 July 2013
I loved the first book so much that I couldn't wait to get my hands on this follow-up. I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed. This book sees where the other left us with more adventures as James and Bob progress along life's road.

Both James and Bob are adorable! I can't wait to get my hands on Book 3.
on 16 July 2013
I read this book virtually in one sitting, and ended up in tears. What a wonderful pair James and Bob are, even though James acknowledges that he's far from being an angel. An inspirational, emotional and uplifting book. Certainly a must-read for all cat lovers, and reinforces what we've always suspected about cats, that they are so much more than just a 'pet'.
on 14 July 2013
A real hope story and the wonder of animals! James you are a credit to Bob and Bob to you. Recommend this highly to any one who needs a lift in life.
on 13 July 2013
I could not put this book down, and read it in a few hours. I already have James and Bob's first book, and could not wait for this one, and I was not disappointed. I am so very pleased for this wonderful pair of friends. James has indeed been rescued by Bob, and this special feline deserves praise. I believe he was sent to James specially to give him a chance to turn his life around, which he has. I recommend this book not only to cat lovers, but to anyone who would like to find out that nothing is impossible in this life, even when there seems no hope. It is a book that as many people as possible should read to learn about life and to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Well done James and Bob. God bless you both for the help you are giving to the people and animals, keep up the good work!
on 27 November 2013
The second book about Bob the amazing cat/guardian angel - certainly the protagonist- and James, who continues telling his true story. This is a follow up from a Street Cat Named Bob but it also stands alone for anyone who has not read the first book. You certainly don't have to be mad about cats to pick up this book in the first place, but might become so and might also see homelessness and Big Issue sellers in a new light as you read this incredible story.
As in the first book , James continues his tale of his once difficult life fighting drug addiction and surviving on the streets of London; the unexpected invitation to write a book and events leading to the publication and huge media interest make for another riveting and read. Again, some of the story makes for painful reading but there is also humour and yet more almost incredible details where Bob is revealed as a true guardian angel and friend to James. The interest in and popularity of Bob and James has been phenomenal and is worldwide; they have their own Facebook page with an unbelievable following of people wishing them both well and suggesting more publications such as calendars.There are numerous comments referring to the change in attitude towards the homeless as a result of reading about Bob and James. Really, everyone needs to read this book !
Definitely a book to give as a gift ( together with the first book ) or buy for yourself and keep- some lovely pencil drawn illustrations too.
on 5 July 2013
This book is beautifully written, if at time scarily honest. The adventures of James and Bob will have you laughing then crying then laughing out loud. I couldn't put the book down. The descriptions of Bob and his antics are wonderfully portrayed, especially the kindness shown when Bob turns "Doctor". The book has beautiful illustrations that really show Bob's character.
on 4 September 2013
Another great read like the last one can't wait for the next book hope their will be one.
Very well done James and Bob.
on 19 July 2013
Good to see how James was able to turn his life around, thanks to Bob who is just an amazing cat. A great read for anyone.
on 23 August 2013
A standalone book, but one which will make even more sense if you've read the first. I must admit I was a little disappointed not to read more about James and Bob's life after becoming published authors, but there's still plenty of insight to delight (and sadden, at times) their fans. I should imagine post-publishing tales are being cleverly reserved for a third instalment, so we're bound to be treated to more.