5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable and poignant read
I read 'A Street Cat Named Bob' in one sitting in April last year and was completely hooked. I've shared my 47-year life with cats (not owned - you never 'own' a cat) so I know how endearing, intelligent, independent yet therapeutic they can be. However, I have never met a cat anything like Bob.

Having enjoyed James' first book so much, I was delighted that a...
Published 13 months ago by Sparrowhawk

3.0 out of 5 stars A little more 'Bob Life'
Knowing the characters from the first book and already holding them in great affection makes this a nice easy read. Further tales and troubles give us more insight to the day to day life of James and Bob, bringing us pretty much up to date in their lives. I look forward to more books about them.
Published 12 months ago by ThePirateWitch

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable and poignant read, 14 July 2013

Having enjoyed James' first book so much, I was delighted that a second one had been published but a little nervous that sequels can sometimes be disappointing. How wrong could I have been. This is even better. It's written with a lot more confidence, which James obviously is starting to have in himself and that is wonderful. Bob is still the amazing cat that will happily ride on public transport, walk around the city streets and fight off muggers yet still does cat things like bring in gifts of dead mice and live frogs.

I'm really starting to believe that there is 'Karma' but, in James' case, it may be backwards as what he and Bob are doing now for the Blue Cross and the homeless charities are the 'good deeds' that he initially thought he was rewarded for, but couldn't remember, was meeting Bob.

I'm a fan of 'The Big Issue' and my husband and I regularly buy from our local seller, yet I'm appalled at the treatment James received and reported in this book. The support you're still getting from him is honorable but get your act together!

5.0 out of 5 stars James and Bob, 4 July 2013
I found this book excellent and just couldn't put it down. It is a very well written book with James telling it as it is. I would certainly recommend everyone read this book. I enjoyed the two previous books about James and Bob but this one is the best. I hope they continue writing more about their lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Best Seller, 5 July 2013
More heartwarming tales from James and Bob. Truthfully written, the reader is drawn into their journey from the streets to charity campaigning. An emotional and easy to read book that deserves to be successful. With love to both of you. xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Still as sweet and inspiring, 5 July 2013
This second volume brings James and Bob's story up to the present day - and it's great to see how well they're both doing! Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars James and Bob do it again!, 5 July 2013
The continuing tale of a man and his cat. James and Bob have continued where their last book finished. This book makes you laugh and cry. James tells us his story, warts and all and we learn more about the amazing 'Doctor' Bob. You will have to read the book to find out all that Bob gets up to and what an incredible cat he is. Well done to the both of you for another best seller. I am now waiting for the next book and the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 6 July 2013
A brilliant follow up to the first book I couldn't put the book down ,I have a cat named Meeka and reading your book made me laugh so much at bobs antics as Meeka is the same with her funny little ways ,well done to you both a true friendship indeed .

5.0 out of 5 stars the story continues, 15 July 2013
C. Winterburn (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
I loved the first book so much that I couldn't wait to get my hands on this follow-up. I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed. This book sees where the other left us with more adventures as James and Bob progress along life's road.

Both James and Bob are adorable! I can't wait to get my hands on Book 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 July 2013
Mrs. L. B. Marsden (Notts England) - See all my reviews
Just as good as A Street Cat Named Bob.Really good.Could nt put it down.Good luck to bothJames and Bob long may they be together.

5.0 out of 5 stars great follow uo book, 19 July 2013
Anita Boyer "anitab666" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Great follow-on book. Couldn't put it down and completed it in one sitting. Wish them both well for a long and healthy future together

5.0 out of 5 stars The World According To Bob, 15 July 2013
This is the sequel to: A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen. A truly touching story about their life together and the bond between the two is getting stronger. James Bowen has become famous or rather Bob has and the two are appearing on shows and the books have been translated in many languages. I wish them both a very happy future together, they both deserve it. I would recommend this book not only to the cat lovers but to everybody. It is so full of humanity and inspiration. It should be a number one bestseller!

The World According to Bob: The Further Adventures of One Man and His Street-wise Cat
3.85