5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than just Happy Endings, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
This must be the third or fourth book I've read of Jon's and it's by far the best. I'm really looking forward to his next one and you'll all have to read it to find out why! This is different to his others as the main four characters tell their own side of things as the story weaves its way along, keeping you interested all the time. A few times I was like "this could be me" or I wonder what would have happened if he'd have carried on walking or if she'd stay in Peru...... But then again I don't have Jon's skills as a story teller so I'll leave it up to him. If you liked 30 Something you'll like this to and please Jon make the next one happen soon, as I'm desperate to hear what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll laugh, You'll cry, You'll love it!!!, 15 Aug 2013
Canarius (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
Having absolutely loved Jon Rance's "This Thirty-Something Life" I was very excited to get my hands on his latest effort. I didn't think he could top it, as I rated that 4/5...but trust me, this one is even better!

"Happy Endings" is a fantastic and incredibly funny portrayal of what it takes to make a relationship work. A diary-esque entry a'la Mike Gayle style, it tells the story of four normal people which takes you on a journey on their past, their futures, their hopes and desires. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll turn each page hoping for that happy ending...

Emma and Jack - couple # 1 - Emma is an aspiring actress. Jack is a failed writer working in a coffee shop. Both are tempted by the opposite sex.

Kate and Ed - couple #2 - Kate goes travelling in Asia. Ed is a City boy working for an investment bank. Both are tempted by the opposite sex. All four of these people are brought to life in front of you in an Adrian-Mole-esque-Diary-Entry-Format.

You share their pain - these four best friends - as they struggle to cope with life and the pressure of modern day living. At times I had to pinch myself because parts were so true and so close to the bone (let's just say a life is lost - no spoiler) I had to put it down and reflect on the pure emotion.

Happy Endings is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy!, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Jon Rance novel I've read and the first romcom by a male author I have delved in to so, for reasons I can't really explain, I wasn't sure what to expect. But reading this was a joy. Very clever, heartfelt writing and with real characters I could relate to and some very funny moments. This was a joy to read - very entertaining. I'm going back to his earlier work to catch up on what I've missed.Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming read x, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one sitting on holiday. It was such a lovely story of real life,chances and life changing moments.

Jon is an amazing writer and you can feel the love for his work in every chapter

5.0 out of 5 stars A really addictive read, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
Another great book from Jon Rance, I really enjoyed his last book and this one didn't disappoint. Wonderful characters and storyline - can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Endings, 7 Nov 2013
Juliette Morrison (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
Loved the way this was written from each character's perspective
Take 2 couples, 4 people and follow their life for the next 6 months. Join in their adventure, the good times and the bad.

Will leave you wanting to know what happens next

5.0 out of 5 stars Real life drama!, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
Loved the characters. Fully developed relationships exploring love and happiness, showing us that sometimes you need to leave your comfort zone and find out what really makes us happy. Well done Jon Dance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable Addictive great read, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Paperback)
I loved Jon Rance's first book and was eagerly awaiting Happy Endings to come out in paperback. I was not disappointed. Each character is believable and you actually care about what happens and wonder what is going to happen next. I could not put this addictive book down and would encourage anyone and everyone to read this book. Can't wait for Jon's next instalment of literary brilliance to hit the shops :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! The characters were so believable and the issues were relatable too. Jon Rance has a great way of writing - all of the characters were written in the first person, each having their own chapter.

I really wanted to know what would happen to Kate and Ed and whether they would make it. Emma and Jack are such a lovely couple and you will find yourself not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

All in all, a totally feel good book and you will have to read it yourself to see if they all get their 'Happy Endings'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Happy Endings (Kindle Edition)
I read one of Jon's books when on holiday the early part of the year and loved it. I've been counting down the days to the release of Happy Endings, and was not disappointed. I loved the story line, loved the characters, and there were some very emotional scenes too. All round, fabulous, if you've not downloaded this book, why not, stop reading how good it is, and see for yourself!
Happy Reading

Happy Endings
Happy Endings by Jon Rance (Paperback - 10 Oct 2013)
Usually dispatched within 7 to 12 days