5.0 out of 5 stars still got to stick with 5 stars ♥♥♥
Well I just can't help it, I absolutely freakin loved this trilogy and I can't but help think there is more yet to come. There is so much left unanswered that I believe it's easy another book could follow that if it doesn't include Beth and Dominic then Andrei deserves a book all to himself.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my journey with these characters, they have...
Published 17 months ago by An avid reader.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Let Down
Published 16 months ago by cheekyt

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Let Down, 2 Mar 2013
i loved the first 2 books but this was a total let down. I found it boring when Dom kept disappearing. There was a lack of passion in this book copmared to the first 2 books. Beth had no fire in her, she seemed to be very downtrodden in this book and so did Dominic he was not a convincing charachter when he was supposed to be the hero and save everyone. Then Anna suddenly becomes the good guy just did not seem right when you imagine her in the 1st 2 books. I dont know if this book was quickly written but i would have rather waited few more months for a better book. The book was filled with describtions of rooms, houses instead of passion. The ending was a disaster this is the most disappointing sequel to a book i have read in a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but..., 3 Mar 2013
An enjoyable read, however I kept waiting for a plot twist thanks both shock and satisfy me. I don't think Matthews fulfilled Andrei's potential and that left me feeling kind of bereft! Throughout the novel there was an air of mistrust towards Dominic and I found that he was ultimately quite a safe and boring character, not the mysterious brooding character we were initially introduced to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beth with balls or abit boring?..., 5 Mar 2013
I have been looking forward to this book after the second book really caught my attention. I liked Dominic in the first book but by the second I began routing for Andrei (sorry!!!!). I just found Andrei more interesting, full of fire and I just knew that if Beth and Andrei got together, there would be sheet clentching fireworks, even if it was just for a chapter. Book 2 left it showing Andrei with a chance with Beth so I was eager to read book 3.

Sadly I did feel abit disappointed by book 3. Besides the fact that nothing happened with Andrei (noooooooo) I felt the story didn't really have much fire. Dominc continues his coming and going act and Andrei just backs off and it all ends happily. So what was the point of Andrei!!!!!!!!

I liked the extra story about Mark and the snippets with Laura but all that with Andrei came to nothing and even Anna just suddenly became a good guy!!!!

Beth did show a lot of growth since the first book and became 'Beth with balls' but I just wanted soooo much more.......

To sum up, it's s nice book, easy read but just a bit of a story added on from the last day book, not really the exciting, cant put it down conclusion I was waiting for.

2.0 out of 5 stars really gutted what happened here???, 4 Mar 2013
I was really looking forward to this book, I loved the first two, well all I can say is dont waste your money, really dont. Is this the last one in the series?? It just kind of stopped - the epilogue was just weird, i kept thinking that surely there is going to be another??

Well, there were so many things left hanging, Andrei, Andrei Andrei!! Would a boy from the back streets of Moscow REALLY back off like he did, I think not. I liked his character, actually thought he had a bit more gumption than wet old Dominic!! Dominic well he was boring boring boring in this book, if he said to Beth " just trust me I will be in touch" once he said it a million times!!! I also quite sure that his "issues" were never addressed - !!!

What was the last line all about?

Flumoxed, thats me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 4 Mar 2013
I've been waiting for this 3rd book for a while and would love to say it was worth the wait, but it wasn't.
There is no real drama and way to much descriptive text of places. No chemistry between the main characters, Doms sister just happens to show up and the catacombs explaination was ridiculous. Half way through I nearly gave up but kept thinking there would be a plot twist soon, there wasn't.
I really enjoyed the first 2 books, but this one is a huge disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars still got to stick with 5 stars ♥♥♥, 1 Mar 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Promises After Dark: Bk. 3 (Paperback)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my journey with these characters, they have brought me to tears, angered me, shocked me and completely took over my life for the past several days whilst devouring this trilogy. I have walked the streets of London and New York, I've been to Central Park and The Albany and all thanks to Sadie Matthews.

I'll say it again, there is so much more to these books than hot/steamy romance, it suspense filled and very emotional. It's choc full of art as well as places and surroundings that we could only ever read of being part of in books. It's full of the most engaging characters from the monks at the Monastry to Mark and James in the art world.

If I am brutally honest book 3 didn't pack as much punch as 1 and 2, with 2 being an absolute knock out. But that said, it did keep me engaged and immersed in the story and still left me wanting more of them all.

Sigh, I found this an excellent trilogy that I know I will read again and still feel very drawn into Beth's world the second, third and many more times after that.

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 5 Mar 2013
Had this book on preorder after reading the first two which I had really enjoyed. I was very disappointed with this last book. I even found myself starting to dislike Beth and Dominic. The storyline became totally ridiculous. I think the author just ran out of steam with this last book. I kept getting the feeling that Andrei was going to "get the girl", most of the time he seemed so much nicer than Dominic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end!, 1 Mar 2013
After reading the first two books from characters Beth and Dominic I was pretty disappointed by how the story ended. I enjoyed the final instalment, but thought the ending was a little lame and boring…

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the right Promises!, 16 Sep 2013
After reading the first 2 books I couldnt wait to start the 3rd. I was really hoping that Beth would end up with Andrei because he seemed to be so much more interesting than Dom did.

Dom kept coming and going without really explaining anything to Beth, by this book I was tired of him telling her to trust him and that they'd be together. It was just excuse after excuse with Dom and I wanted Beth to run off with Andrei and have mind blowing sex!

The fact that Dom's sister didnt know Beth but still let her go home with her and didnt click that this random girl might be her brothers girlfriend, even after finding out Beth was at the restaurant with Andrei just didnt seem right to me.

Nor did the fact that despite how much Beth said she loved Dom she hardly knew the guy, they seemed more like sex buddies to me than anything else, they clearly never spoke that much which was made clear by the fact that Dom never ever mentioned he had a sister.

Above all else I felt that Andrei being a crook in the end, using Marks accounts to launder money was a bit of a cheap ending. I hated that Beth and Andrei didnt at least have 1 night of passion.

Andrei might have been bossy but at least he was honest with Beth, she knew where she stood with him, unlike Dom.

I felt that the promises made in this book were all wrong, they werent the ones I wanted to be reading.

And the ending! Andrei's painting seemed to be a promise but she didnt know what...and thats it? No explaining? Despite all this, if there was another book I'd read it but I'd still be hoping that there'd be a slight chance that Andrei would finally get Beth into bed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a fifty shades, 8 Sep 2013
angelmary - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This story was completely ruined by the death and the black mail story lines. I would not recommend this book if you want a follow-up to fifty shades of gray. The story was also ended completely wrong.

Promises After Dark: Bk. 3
Promises After Dark: Bk. 3 by Sadie Matthews (Paperback - 28 Feb 2013)
5.24