5.0 out of 5 stars The anticipation was worth it. Can't wait for book 3
Fantastic and doesn't disappoint. I warmed even more to Beth and particularly to Dominic. He has shown his tender side, his insecurities and his torment but is still capable of being dominant. Beth has continued to show her strengths and willingness in order to be with him despite jealousy being added into the equation.

I didn't expect the story to take the...
Published on 8 Nov 2012 by Nicola_1202

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
I really really enjoyed this book but I have read better it is still a good read if there is nothing else on the self
Published 8 months ago by Nicola cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars The anticipation was worth it. Can't wait for book 3, 8 Nov 2012
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I didn't expect the story to take the turns it did which made the book near impossible to put down. Once again the twists towards the end...Brilliant. The way has been paved for the 3rd book and I can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars SEXY, CHILLING AND GRIPPING STORYTELLING, 9 Nov 2012
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
In the second book the story picks up six weeks after the first ended. Dominic has gone away on business. Beth has not heard a word from him, even though he said he would keep in touch. Especially after the disastrous scene that had happened between them.

Beth has managed to remain in London, she is now working for a famous art expert Mark Palliser. Beth was able to get this job helped by a recommendation from James a gallery owner and Beth's friend. When Mark gets a call from his most important client to travel to the south of France, he asks Beth to acompany him. When Beth discovers that the client is Andrei Dubrovski, she jumps at the chance to go. As Andrei is Dominic's boss. Perhaps she will get to see Dominic at last, and find out why he hasn't been in touch
Compared to the first book,Fire After Dark, this is far far superior. The characters are better developed, with real depth to them. The story is tense exciting and sexy. A real page turner. This ends on a cliffhanger, and I can hardly wait for the third book.
For those of you concerned about explicit content, this contains scenes depicting a BDSM relationship. This is also part of a series and not a stand alone story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first book, 10 Nov 2012
This is turning into a fantastic series - I only wish I had come across it after all three ( or however many there are going to be) had been written and released, because the wait for the next one seems too long. You get to lose yourself in a world of the rich elite, and their dark sexual undertones, seen through the eyes of Beth - it's like pure indulgence in book form! Marvellous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Waltz, 9 Nov 2012
I could not put the book down until the bitter end. And what a bitter end it was or will it be? I have been left devastated by the events and I fear for my Beth and Dominic, who I feel one minute I want to smack them both hard but realised this author is clever because my overwhelming emotion is that I want to save them.
The song Dark Waltz sung by Hayley Westenra springs to mind how this book has lowered my mood. Sadie I beg of you don't destroy my romantic heart and let them waltz into the light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance with spice and intrigue, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Secrets After Dark: Bk. 2 (Paperback)
This book picks up several weeks after the first one ended, with Beth waiting for Dominic to return. Her new job brings her into contact with the enigmatic Andrei Dubrovski, who just happens to be Dominic's boss. When Dominic and Beth are finally reunited, all in not plain sailing ...

I thoroughly enjoyed this page-turner, and particularly liked the introduction of characters like Andrei and Anna, Dominic's business assistant and Andrei's lover. The intrigue adds more spice to Beth and Dominic's story, as we wonder who is quite what they seem ....

I'm looking forward to 'Promises after Dark' and would highly recommend this trilogy. It's probably more for those who enjoy spice with their romance than for people looking for pure erotica, as there is a lot more to the story than sex. Highly enjoyable! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars a 24hr read!!, 10 Nov 2012
Really good book and read in 24hrs as could not put down!! It was a slow start and when he did not get in contact with Beth,
I thought why are you still with him! go with the Rich Russian!! Then as it goes on, she really does love him!! I really hope she gets back to Dom in the 3rd book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 Nov 2012
i really enjoyed this and would recommend it dissappointed that we hav to wait yet again for the third book

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets after dark, 14 Jun 2013
This story was really good, I felt sorry for Beth, hopefully in the next episode she gets her life sorted out and is finally happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far more than just an erotic romance - RIVETING ♥♥♥, 28 Feb 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
There are many twists and turns in this series, these books are just so good!

Your emotions are catapulted between characters, the good, the bad and the downright sexy. You can't read these books and not be drawn into Beth's new world in London and the twist in the Catacombs is well (let's see if you can work out who it was!) I've guessed and I think I am right, but there is so much element of doubt it just keeps you riveted to the pages till you've finished. And the rope scene oh my, was my heart racing again thinking come on Beth scream, this isn't right!

Can't wait to ignore my family again tomorrow and devour book three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 16 Feb 2013
Amazing book full of twists and turns one min you hate Andrei then think no he's good then not and the whole Anna situation I didn't see that coming at all!!!! I really got into this book and found myself thinking about it when I wasn't reading it. Really can't wait for the 3rd book not long to wait hopefully :)

Secrets After Dark: Bk. 2
Secrets After Dark: Bk. 2 by Sadie Matthews (Paperback - 22 Nov 2012)