Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 June 2013
This was different, in that the main character was a rotter, but I didn't enjoy it as much as others by RP. It covered some very emotional incidents, yet the writing didn't do them justice - the fire for example - there was little of the sense of the shock and aftermath that this would have generated. not such a well-drawn description of the Scottish surroundings, or characters, as 'September', which was great.
on 9 March 2014
I felt that I was instantly in the place she was writing about. Her stories wrap themselves around you.
I would have loved her stories when I was young and now (aged 76) I have, over time, read most of them and hope there are more to come.
Why would anyone want to give less than 5 stars?
on 21 July 2010
This is another delightful story which beautifully describes life in Scotland, its people and the beauty of the place. It's one I shall keep and read again when I need brightening up!
on 1 December 2015
I have loved Rosamund Pilcher's ever since borrowing "Coming Home" from my grandmother as a teenager. Wild Mountain Thyme delivers Pilcher's trademark beautiful description of the natural landscape- of Scotland this time though, rather than Cornwall. She also throws some old fashioned romance and a pinch of heartbreak and hint of tragedy. All in all a really satisfying read. If I had to make a negative remark about the book I would suggest that the closing line is a bit clichéd. However, this is just nitpicking because otherwise it is a highly enjoyable read.
on 12 July 2013
An enjoyable read. It was lot shorter than other Rosamunde Pilcher books but it was very gripping. I found it hard to put down.
VINE VOICEon 12 March 2004
This story has one of the cutest little boys in it you'll ever see.He's called Thomas,and he doesn't say much,except at the end,but for me he is definitely one of the stars of this lovely tale.Kidnapped by his dad from his grandparents at the start,he is foisted onto a hapless ex-girlfriend of his dad's and taken up to Scotland.Various things happen,Thomas is rescued from a fire,then taken back home.As he realises who is there to greet him he yells out his first complete sentence ever,"It my GANNY!" Oh,it's so sweet,I nearly cried.You should read this;I think you'll really enjoy it.
on 11 October 2013
Rosamunde lives up to her reputation as an unputadownable writer, gentle stories which have a happy ending. She is my "comfort" author .
on 1 June 2015
I love Rosamund Pilchers books. She is marvellous at characterisation. Her grammar sometimes throws me. But the story the content her fabulous characters always keeps me coming back and often reading her stories over and again
on 4 March 2016
Fabulous read believable charaters,lots of twists and turns in the plot.It took meback to my grandparents house in the Duror near the pass of Glencoe.Many happy holidays there.Sad in parts but a great ending.
on 7 June 2015
Really that about sums up this story. It was okay but not Rosamunde Pilcher's finest. It felt me wondering if this was one of her earliest attempts at a story? Characters okay, quite believable but story a bit weak I felt.