5.0 out of 5 stars Darren Clarke, An Open Book
Published 20 months ago by Steely

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I Expected
A disappointment, the section on the Ryder Cup was good, the rest was disjointed. With protestations that his drinking was not excessive.
Published 19 months ago by Dr. Peter Barford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Darren Clarke, An Open Book, 12 Nov 2012
I bought this book on my kindle, so had it the day of publishing. I read the forward by Lee Westwood immediately and thought is he talking about Darren Clarke the golfer I saw win The Open. What I had imagined Darren to be like, was certainly different from the guy in this forward and therefore I read more. So much to say I read the whole book that day, I just couldn't put it down. It was so easy to read, well written and I would think very honest. It certainly made me realise I had assumed Darren to be quite different. If you are looking for a very detailed golf account of his matches then this is not the book for you. It is an autobiography from childhood to 2012, telling of his homelife in Dungannon, amateur golfer, turning pro, marriage to Heather and the struggles leading up to her tragic early death, Ryder cups, The Open and this years marriage on the beach to Alison. It is a great read, very interesting, some amusing bits and written in a manner that keeps the interest right to the end. I feel it was a great buy and I shall certainly see Darren in a different light now when I watch his golf.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 1 Nov 2012
Having watched Darren play many times I had been waiting for this book for a few years, and it was well worth the wait!!.It is beautifully written and gives a very open and honest account of a complex man driven by the search for perfection.
Fantastic....will reread it many times!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I Expected, 28 Nov 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all there!, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: An Open Book - My Autobiography (Paperback)
Took this book on holiday. Thought it started strangely, then I realised it was missing the first 36 pages!! The rest of the book was ok though.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pro golfers life., 4 Feb 2013
Great story telling what it is like to be playing at the top level of the game. Every golfers dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 19 Mar 2014
thoroughly enjoyed reading it, always been a fan of Darren Clarke, reading this its easy to understand everything he's been through and a lot more than most golfers will ever do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Darren Clarke, 15 Mar 2014
Interesting in sight into the life of a golfing great. Honest sometimes funny and humbling to learn of a sportsman and how he turned dreams into reality. Worth a read give it a go you will enjoy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and I gave up half way through !, 6 Feb 2014
My title sums up my feelings about this book. I'd been looking forward to reading it for some time and decided to treat myself to the Kindle edition as a Christmas present to myself. Well I wish I hadn't bothered. When compared to other biographical reads, this is poorly written and not overly insightful, other than Mr.Clarke seems to mention drink at every opportunity.

To be brutally honest, don't waste your money (unless this becomes a free download of course) or your time; read something about one of the game's true greats, like Bobby Jones or Seve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reading, 20 Nov 2013
A great insight to the life of a truly genuine person ,a fantastic family man and one if the worlds greatest golfers

4.0 out of 5 stars Yer Man, 9 Sep 2013
A good read from one of the genuine personalities, honest and forthcoming about himself and his faults; if only everyone was as honest about themselves.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

An Open Book - My Autobiography
An Open Book - My Autobiography by Darren Clarke (Paperback - 23 May 2013)
6.29