Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 6 July 2013
The subject matter of this book is intense, often upsetting and ultimately very uplifting and full of hope and love. Hodgkin works against the tabloid need to do the big reveal and makes you take the same journey as Alex did, with his brothers Marcus and Oliver, through the layers of memories given and found. The result is that when the final understanding hits them all, it is powerful, deeply moving and enriching, understood as it is within the context of brotherly love and support.

As important is the impact of dyslexia on the life of the boys and how this has shaped them. As a dyslexic myself I found this resonated with my own experiences - both the negative, of just being thought to be a bit thick, and the positive, having to go about things a different way to everyone else and as such being gifted a unique vision of the world. And wordz.
on 9 July 2013
I opened the sunday paper to find a magazine and in it a article about this book.I have now just received the book from amazon and started reading it.This is not going to be a easy book to read as I knew jill [she was a acquaintance ].As you can imagine I was in complete shock and all I can say is you never really know what people are really like behind closed doors.Several of my friends knew her as well and they are all shocked.I remember seeing these 2 boys when they were little and the girls and its very sad all the things that have taken place in their lives.
on 16 July 2013
I seen Marcus and Alex on This Morning and was fascinated by their story I just had to buy their book. I. couldn't put it down. It was hard to think this was a true story. What remarkable amazing men they are. They should be so proud of themselves for what they went through and what they achieved. It goes to show anything is possible
on 5 July 2013
This is a brave, profound and ultimately uplifting story, both challenging and inspiring. The honesty and candour in the telling of the Lewis brothers' story is moving. Ultimately it is a real life affirmation that love and understanding can triumph over the worst that life can throw at you.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2013
A very powerful book, which allows you to enter the life all the siblings have experienced and see how they have survived!
on 12 July 2013
This is a fantastic account which shows amazing strength of character and confirms that the abuse should never define who you are. These men have had incredible lives and have grown into loving husbands and fathers.
on 22 July 2013
Just can't put this book down - it's incredible the depths to which some human beings sink..... Am amazed by the twins' survival strategies and inspired by their courage. Would thoroughly recommend this.
on 22 July 2013
Fact is definitely stranger than fiction. Astonishing, absorbing and engrossing. This is a fascinating and insightful study of identity by a hugely gifted, compassionate and deeply humane writer. The story of these twins'lives is affirming and inspiring. This is not a story of abuse, but love; not a story of suffering, but of courage. It is a story of the power of the human spirit to not only overcome, but make good. And it's a story brilliantly told.
on 6 July 2013
As a foster carer I had a "professional" interest in the subject. I read the entire book in three sittings (conveniently the book is written in three sections!) I wasn't prepared for it to be so affected by it. I hope one day the young man we foster will be able to read it and it will help him come to terms with his own past.
(Name withheld to protect his confidentiality)
on 8 July 2013
Once i started reading this i couldn't stop. It must have taken a lot of courage to write this book. I hope the siblings put to rest their demons.