5.0 out of 5 stars Best read!
I read this book a few years ago and its the best book I think I've ever read! Great insight into the evil of the nazi regime and the come-uppance that followed for some of them. I've read some other books from this author and each I think are good but none surpass this in my view.
Published 21 months ago by PhilofWigan

2.0 out of 5 stars Boys Own Stuff
Published 16 months ago by millicentlyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read!, 26 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Read, 30 May 2013
This is a flowing well written book that I find unput downable!

Ranulph Fiennes' style is unmatched for twists and turns and leaves you wanting more.

I have owned this book in hardback and paperback but its time for me to complete the set and get it on download.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boys Own Stuff, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Secret Hunters (Paperback)
I fell for the conceit at the start and thought that I was reading true Holocaust literature. How dumb could I be? This soon degenerates into boy's own stuff. Did he really have to take us to his precious Antarctic on top of all the rest? And did he really have to have a Tarzan and (literal)Jane episode there? The descriptions of Nazi atrocities are actually a bit OTT and gratuitous. I wasted some precious hours on this mediocre novel. He should stick to schlepping over the cold bits of the world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth looking up, 29 May 2014
Steven - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Secret Hunters (Paperback)
This sweeping tale of adventure has an interesting premise and skirts the line between fact and fiction. Although Finnes and his publisher decided to badge this as fiction, the marketing machine did a really excellent job of blurring the lines again. In any event, It's fast paced, boys own stuff which I enjoyed as a piece of fiction. A chance meeting in an Airport stirs a deep rage within Derek Jacobs causing him to lash out at the man before him. Derek's subsequent investigations into the malevolent stranger lead him towards a group of Nazi hunters and their quest to bring holocaust perpetrators to justice. The adventure ranges from Rwanda to the Antarctic as our hero tracks a group hell-bent on re-starting a new Reich. Finnes crafts another fine story and offers the reader shades of espionage, infiltration and action, although there are some very dark moments surrounding ww2. I thought it wasn't as good as the Feather Men but I enjoyed it more than I did the Sett.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Hunters, 28 April 2014
R. Guest - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Hunters (Paperback)
This book is an excellent read. I read this book a few years ago, and purchased this for my friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 10 May 2013
A good read. Took a ling time to get into it. But good halfway through. Enjoyed once I got into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct 2014
Potential accuracy is brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 Jan 2013
It was a good read with I think a lot of facts stitched into a story, it was ok but a bit heavy on the Jewish subject, a good read.

The Secret Hunters
The Secret Hunters by Ranulph Fiennes (Paperback - 11 Oct 2012)