5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christian Book I've read since "God on Mute", 4 May 2014
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
Because Krish Kandiah has an ear to both the bible and contemproary religious and non-religious culture, this book is both a superb pastoral resource and a cracking apologetic text. If you're living with the apparent absence or silence of God or wrestling with passages of the bible you find tough Krish offers some great insights into the bible. On the other hand, if you find Richard Dawkins' view of God and the bible persuasive, this book would be worth reading to check whether you've really understood the historical and textual context of the passages in question. I'm a Baptist minister and will be recommending this book unreservedly to our church family this morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoughtful & honest (& easy to read) look at some of the big questions we all ask..., 1 May 2014
This review is from: Paradoxology (Kindle Edition)
This book explores some of the big questions we all, if we're honest, ask ourselves: How can God allow suffering if he's compassionate? If God speaks, why don't we hear him? How can God be near when he feels far away?...

Rather than offering pat answers, the book looks to help its reader find a deeper understanding of God through these apparent contradictions. This refreshing approach leaves room for our questions (may even raise a few more!) whilst giving us a fuller picture of God's great character.

Unpretentious, straightforward language and 'real life' examples make it accessible to anybody. I think it would make a great small group study or teaching series (really looking forward to exploring it in that setting...)

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Paradoxology (Kindle Edition)
This book asks the questions many Christians try to avoid. It will equip you with right answers, while revealing absolute truths about God that we perhaps fear or are confused about. I found Krish made sense of the seeming Paradox of God in the bible book by book, enhancing my faith and Relationship with a loving Creator. I would heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and well-rounded look at difficult questions, 26 July 2014
K. Stephenson (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
This is a fantastic and challenging read, and the questions it addresses are all ones I have considered of my own accord at one point or another. While it is impossible to find a conclusive answer to these, the author gives some strong arguments and makes sense of things in ways that were new to me, and so I found the book helpful. Many of the author's ideas were in line with my own train of thought, so it was useful to have references from scripture to strengthen them.

It is a delight that for once a Christian book is written from a British cultural perspective but sadly it is full of American spellings.

On another point, the author begins the book with saying he believes there to be no mistakes in this book. Well I have found at least one - in an analogy using C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the author states it is Eustace who is enchanted by the White Witch... I think he means Edmond! ;)

On the whole a brilliant book and a worthy read, recommended. I flew through it as it really held my attention and challenged my mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is extremely challenging and helpful., 13 May 2014
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
I loved this book. It made me think but it also helped me understand more about the God I worship. This is a vital resource for helping Christians to worship through thick and thin but also useful for non-Christians to witness to the fact that it's OK for people to have questions, doubts and struggles as we explore faith.

Krish handles some very contemporary issues in a logical but down to earth way. This accessibility makes it a great book to read. Krish uses gripping illustrations and personal stories to make the book readable and engaging.
I have used every chapter to teach older pupils at our local secondary school during their lunch hour and I'm trusting that the pupils will have been as built up listening as I did reading, preparing and teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unknown truth, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
I have found this book revealing as Krish Kandiah opens up difficult questions overlooked. The book is well presented, easy to read and to understand. The material is well researched and makes sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 28 May 2014
J. D. Thomas "Rev JT" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
There are many questions that we ask internally as Christians, but worry about sharing publicly. Questions like: why did God demand Abraham kill his son? How could God command all that bloodshed on entering the Promised Land? If Christ is victorious, why do I struggle so much with sin?
These questions and many more are answered in this very accessible book. Krish Kandiah has an excellent grasp of the Bible, our society and the arguments that those for and against the gospel make.
Krish gives you confidence to ask the questions you've always wanted to ask, and to know that the God of the Bible has answers.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, thought provoking book, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
An excellent, thought provoking book.
Krish challenges us not to bury or hide the difficult questions about God.
We are encouraged to treasure the paradoxes, to wrestle with them, to think deeply about them.
The best thing I can say about this book is that despite the deep questions I read each chapter and find that I feel refreshed, full of hope, in awe of God and ready to worship Him who is faithful to the unfaithful.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought this as a gift, 19 Jun 2014
Syko (Ross-on-Wye, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paradoxology (Paperback)
Having heard Krish at Spring Harvest i bought this book for my pastor, i think he loved it!! i certainly like Krish's challenging down to earth, brave honest tackling of issues that cause people to stumble!

Paradoxology
Paradoxology by Krish Kandiah (Paperback - 10 April 2014)
13.01