‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ THIS BOOK, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Home for Good: Making a Difference for Vulnerable Children (Paperback)
This book is a passionate and necessary plea for the church to re think its mandate to "care for the widows and orphans ". Has this just become words to us or is it actually time to take action ? How do we respond to such a challenge ? Written with clarity and compassion I found the book difficult to put down . A wonderful mixture of Biblical insight ,case studies , and practical considerations for the reader it is impossible to read and not be deeply challenged . As I finish this book I truly hope it is part of a wider discussion and one which ultimately will lead to a wider call to action . Please read this book but read with caution , it will change you .

5.0 out of 5 stars A Challenge To Your Christian Perspective, 8 Mar 2013
This book is filled with personal experiences, biblical mandates, honest truth and hard challenges for those who call themselves "Christians" in the Church today. They do a beautiful job of painting a picture of the life of orphans all around us and then not only stretching the Church to be more active, but inspiring you to want to get involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great encouragement - excellent, yet realistic way to discover the value and opportunities of adoption & fostering, 12 April 2013
Richard Procter (West Mids, UK) - See all my reviews
A valuable insight into adoption & fostering from a Christian perspective, written by Christian people who have real experience of both adoption and fostering. Maintains vision and purpose alongside gritty reality of caring for hurting and vulnerable children in your own home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesme!!! A must read., 10 April 2013
Having just written my book about our adoption experience, I have been blown away with the information, the thought and challenge this book provokes. This book is indeed a must read for everyone whether you plan to adopt, foster or not. It helps everyone to figure out how they can be of help. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging read, 25 Mar 2013
This book needs to be read by every Christian whether they are able to foster or adopt or not, it gets to the very Father heart of God and there is something for all of us to put into action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging and insightful, 1 April 2013
This book is both challenging and insightful, it is much more than a book about adoption and fostering. It challenges all Christians to play their part in helping vulnerable children. Giving sound biblical teaching and direction in how we are all called to have a role whether it be to adopt, foster or support those who do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and Provoking, 17 Mar 2013
This book is full of real and honest stories that both challenge and inspire you to look at the issue of adoption and fostering with fresh perspective. It is packed full of truth and theology that will cause you to re-think what it means to be family, and how we can care for the vulnerable. It is well written, transparent, and moving. It is a great read for anyone regardless of `experience' in this field, and will leave you asking what you can do to make a difference in the lives of children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but challenging book!, 15 Mar 2013
I could not put this book down! It is well written in an easy-to-read style with lots of engaging personal stories. The subject matter was broken down well with questions at the end of each chapter to ponder and consider your personal and church response to vulnerable children in our world.
It gives a good Biblical perspective on what God has done for us as a 'vulnerable children' before we knew Him and how much and deeply He loves us no matter what. It has challenged me to reflect upon how as loved and accepted children of God we can share that blessing to love and accept a vulnerable child.
This is a fantastic book but prepare to be challenged about how you can practically make a difference to the lives of the vulnerable children in our world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book, 14 July 2014
I felt called to foster and my husband didn't. However I was surrounded by fostering via billboards and various other things but the one thing that spoke to me the most was this book. I couldn't put it down. I bought a copy for my husband which he didn't read so I then got him a kindle version which he eventually read and was a major turning point for us. We are now happily fostering. I really recommend this book whether you are considering fostering, adopting or supporting in other ways. This book will change you. Krish has an amazing heart for children in care and seeing the needs of these children met.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 April 2014
Brilliantly written book encouraging Christians to care for the most vulnerable in our society! Everyone should read this book! Going to encourage church to get a copy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Home for Good: Making a Difference for Vulnerable Children
Home for Good: Making a Difference for Vulnerable Children by Krish Kandiah (Paperback - 14 Mar 2013)
10.39