on 14 July 2012
If you buy one book this summer , make it this one. You will laugh and cry. You will cheer on Roy and his dog. For an non football fan like me , I found it heart warming and laugh out loud. Forget about Fifty shades of grey' . Get 100 shades of Triggs.
on 1 June 2012
Its seldom that i read dog autobiographies, but i was recently in my local pet store and i got talking to the owner an avid Manchester utd fan from South Korea who recommended it . ( he also recommended cooking with dogs, but I gave that one a miss)
Triggses story has blown me away
I'm a changed man.Its a wonderful fable that tells of his life from puppyship right through to to adulthood or Doggyhood as I like to think. Some great ups and downs. Getting lost in the fields of Cheshire had me on the edge of my seat, what with Roy sitting up all night worried AND before a big game against citeh the following day, ( he laid on the winner for Andy Cole) Roy that was not Triggs.
Triggs was grounded, but Roy forgave him after the game when he came back later with a Chinese ( Triggs favourite food)
Chapter 15 is an insight and very funny. Especially the bit were after a few cans of Boddingtons Roy let slip how he's taught Triggs to growl and bark at footballers he hates when they come on the telly
Alan Hansen came on and Triggs tore the remote control to shreds.( I'm still laughing now at the thought)
Triggs grounded again, but Roy forgave him after the game the following week ( laid on a goal for Scholesy) and came home with a Chinese( Triggs favourite food)
I wont go on and spoil anymore of the book.
Alls I'm saying is get that card out now and BUY IT
Especially as this month has been a sad month what with Triggs passing on
My wife mentioned something about it becoming a collectors item, some people just dont get it do they, me and her haven't spoken since
The callousness of that comment cut to the bone ( excuse the pun Triggs)
They say good news and bad comes in 3's
Well for me its been a serious time what with Donna, Robin and now Triggs leaving us.
Time heals, but the legacy thats left behind, be it wonderful Disco music, tight flared trousers or this superb book will keep the torch burning.
on 10 December 2012
I really wasn't sure what to expect with this book. Knowing of the Ross series, but not being a fan myself. I am a huge fan of labradors.... I am not a Roy Keane or a Man U fan, but I do like football
I really enjoyed this book, its very clever, and whilest there is a lot of football commentry, I think everyone could enjoy this. Made me laugh out loud in public.
If you are at all intrugued by this book, I would say buy it!
on 4 August 2012
Because I own a Labrador this book seemed quite amusing. Both my wife and I have read it and could easily understand where the dog was coming from on every occasion. It is amusing on every turn, the kind of book you want to tap the shoulder of the person next to you on the train and tell them what the dog is up to.
on 7 April 2016
Just finished reading Triggs.... What an enjoyable romp of how Triggs helped Roy and Manchester Utd to achieve the success that they did. Who would believe the affect that a loyal Labrador would have. In his autobiography, Triggs makes the following statement... "When you own a dog - I think Roy would back me up on this - a little bit of that animal's light enters you. And, I can tell you from happy experience, the transaction works both ways."
Like Roy, I too, have a loyal Labrador, and I can inform you that his light has entered my life, and that he has changed my life completely, for the better, in every way imaginable. I can only hope and pray that, like Triggs, the transaction has worked both ways.
on 7 October 2012
I laughed out load at every page! Much of the football detail went over my head but I knew enough of the people featured to appreciate the accuracy of the descriptions. Very, very witty, an excellent read
on 27 August 2012
Great concept. Really funny. To come up with the idea of writing the story from the dog's viewpoint is brilliant. It helps if you know a bit about Roy Keane.
on 23 January 2013
Really enjoyed book, if you're a man utd fan or Roy keane fan it will really make you laugh. I thought everyone loved ole Gunnar
on 28 October 2014
Very funny book. Brilliantly written. The habits of a Labrador dog are spot on and adds to the amusement. I will never look at Ole Gunnar in the same light again!!
on 24 March 2014
The book was s great idea in getting things in to the story from Triggs point of view
An enjoyable read and can't wait for the next book later this year