4.2 out of 5 stars1,570

on 12 April 2013
Very well written, it's a laugh! You can relate such a lot to your own experiences of life. Well don Miranda!
on 15 December 2013
This book is the best read ever. It Is hilarious and like watching a series of Miranda on tv. I had to read this book right to the end. Lots of hidden meanings and emotions.
on 12 October 2012
I admit I am a book reader. I also admit I am a fan of Miranda Hart. I noticed that the audiobook was read by her and only £1 more than the hardback, so I thought I'd give it a try. Miranda's voice and phrasing are so special it makes the book even funnier. Try something different if you are not an audiobook listener, it is worth it!
11 comment|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I went into this book not knowing a lot about it - I've not seen a lot of Miranda Hart, I don't watch many of her shows so I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I found this to be a funny and witty read. I enjoyed that this wasn't just about Miranda as a person, but her thoughts and feelings on a range of topics. It's a very easy to read, I found I was able to get into it straight away and it's a nice light-hearted read. Although it's not the genre of book I'd usually read, I was pleased that I picked it up and would definitely recommend to any fans of Miranda Hart.
on 13 October 2012
I love Miranda Hart, and find her very funny, so decided to read her book when it came out, having heard nothing about it previously. I was so glad I picked it up, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who watches 'Miranda', and even those who are just in need of a lighthearded read.

It isn't a typical autobiography, set out religiously from childhood through to adulthood, but almost her train of thought on various topics ranging from Technology to Beauty, punctuated by 'conversations' with her younger self. Her distinctive voice and sense of humour shines through in the writing, so anyone who loves Miranda will be able to recognise the style instantly, and in places it truly made me laugh out loud.

It is reasonably short and easy to read, nothing dark or gritty (not that you would expect it!) and I defy anyone not to enjoy it!
22 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2013
This book is awesome, it's cool boom because it's not written like a normal autobiography and we get to meet this funny 18 year old Miranda :)
on 19 August 2013
I like Miranda on the TV and looked forward to reading this book. The structure is strange and the dialogue with her 18 year old self says nothing. The range of topics for chapters encouraged me to read on. There is a lack of humour, it is tedious and dull. Much content is "statements of the b....... obvious" ( J Cleese) with nothing added by the author. I refused to give up and struggled to the end. The author gives nothing of herself, says nothing of interest about anything and covers pages with conversations with her dog. I feel sorry for the dog having to put up with such an owner.
This is self indulgent rubbish.
on 30 December 2014
My wife bought me this for Christmas. Didn't ask for it as I was a bit apprehensive. I like the tv series but upon receipt of this gift I hoped this would be a bit more of a serious autobiography giving insight into the real Miranda. Turned out to be yet another one of her farces. I only managed 3 chapters before I had to turn it off as I was experiencing a headache. My brain was actually hurting trying to work out what on Earth she was waffling on about and I'm far from stupid but this is one continuous drivel of "what I calls", "what ho" and "jolly good shows" interspersed with utter puerile public school, high brow babbling about utter nonsense. I just had to turn it off because it was seriously getting on my nerves and not making an ounce of sense whatsoever and I suspect some of the mishaps she was talking about were totally made up for comedic effect as I refuse to believe that someone so intelligent could actually be so clumsy and incompetent like the Miranda on the tv show. Either way this is the worst audio book I've ever listened to and the first I've actually given up on. I'm really annoyed that my wife has spent good money on this for it to turn out to be absolute rubbish.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 November 2012
Well, this book is just such fun! What more does any Dear Reader Chum really need to say, when they have just finished laughing their way through Miranda Hart's witty, funny and oh-so-very-true observations on life and all that goes with it? The premise of the book is that Miranda is sharing with us and with her 18-year old self from 20 years previous, her thoughts on the strangeness of various aspects of life - from music and hobbies, through to culture and dreams, and just about everything in between. This is one of those books you really need to imagine the author's voice talking to you as you go; it really does sound just as though Miranda is just voicing her thoughts as she goes along. And funny they are. Being 6 feet tall myself, I really empathised with her views on the good and not so good aspects of being that height; I think sometimes people only keep me around to get things off the top shelves, and hang the tricky Christmas decorations. Oh dear. Awkward.

A wonderful book, one to pick up and enjoy again and again - highly recommended for anyone who appreciates Miranda's humour, and who appreciates humour which takes the mickey out of all of us.
on 9 January 2013
If you're a "bloke" you won't get it or her, but Miranda Hart is what most 35+ intelligent women have been waiting for in years. Not since Smack the Pony have I found a female writer/comedian(enne?) as funny and able to laugh at herself AS herself! Imagine being able to talk to your 18-year-old self and comment on your actions as an adult - that's exactly what this does. A lovely little reflective and retrospective narrative written as a lesson to 18-year-old Miranda but without any self-criticism. A brilliant boost to the ego if you're feeling a little deflated...Miranda proves that if you stick with your dreams they will come true. I wouldn't really call this an autobiography as it doesn't really reveal that much about Miranda Hart that most fans don't already know or could have guessed at. It's a (cliche alert..) wry look at life and (second/third cliche alert...) breath of fresh air and welcome change from the usual selection of, what I call 'ghost-written autobiographical crap' usually available at this time of year. Miranda CAN and DOES actually write her own material, and jolly good it is too!