5.0 out of 5 stars An hilarious treat, 15 April 2012
Before reading this the only writer who had made me laugh out loud on the train was Spike Milligan. Funny lines come thick and fast, and her imagination took me to places I never thought I'd go (or thought I would want to go)! I can't wait for the next helping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 13 April 2013
A laugh out loud book. The relationship the author has with her parents is so funny but also very moving at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, 25 Mar 2013
My husband got so grumpy on the train because my laughing was disrupting his reading! I've not read a book this funny in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out Loud, 10 Mar 2013
As a mother of 2 of the Boomerang Generation I identified with every scenario in this book. I even checked with my daughter that she hadnt written it under another name! So funny & well written!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Cuckoo in the Nest (Paperback)
I loved this book, being in a similar situation to the author I relate a lot to the plot! The writing is brilliant and hilarious, I couldn't put it down. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've read in ages!, 28 Feb 2013
I was on a train (funnily enough to go and stay with my parents for a few days) when I came across a review of this book in a magazine. I liked the sound of it, so I abandoned my magazine and bought the Kindle edition of this to read on my phone. I spent the rest of the journey sniggering my way through it. This is just a great book - funny, charming and brilliantly written. Anyone in their 20s or 30s who has spent time staying with their parents as an adult will identify with it. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a lighthearted but intelligent read, and I'll be looking out for Nat Luurtsema's stand-up in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 5 Sep 2012
Absolutely loved this, laughed out loud at a few points, it's so well written! The only downside is that if you read any of the blog before, there is some repetition. Hope that she writes another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars i gave it five stars because, 8 Jun 2012
C. Walters "Homme de Terre" (London) - See all my reviews
I've read books that made me chuckle in my mind or that gave delight to the part of my brain that finds things amusing but until I read this book I'd only ever read one book that had sentences in it that made me laugh. In fact I had started to wonder whether I read funny books wrong - possibly the rhythm with which I read is all askew and so, in my mind, I miss the sweetspot or whatever and that is why I don't experience the laughing. That's what I had started to wonder. Then I read this book and it made me laugh. Not just once but many times. In public. Nat knocks out some blinding blunt sentences. They're bang-bang, make my upper body wobble so gutted the dozing fat man squashing into me on the tube funny. I hope there's more books to come from her. Maybe a fantasy book? Her imagination is up to the job for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cuckoo in the Nest (Paperback)
If you want an undemanding but funny read, this is the book for you. It was a very enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The boomerang years, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Cuckoo in the Nest (Paperback)
If you are the parent of a boomerang child this book is for you....therapeutic and funny. If you are a boomerang this book is for you too.....ditto the above.... If you are neither of the above then you can read it either to be smug or to prepare for the future! Thanks Nat for writing a brilliant, timely and honest book leaving the reader to decide for themselves where to draw the line between truth, perceived truth and exaggeration for comedic effect..... Or to massage damaged self esteem. Having to return home is NEVER easy and this book would help anyone in this situation to regain some perspective.

Cuckoo in the Nest
Cuckoo in the Nest by Nat Luurtsema (Paperback - 14 Feb 2013)
6.79