5.0 out of 5 stars Total surprise.
Published on 15 Oct 2011 by Marcia

3.0 out of 5 stars The book of Un-Usefulness
Everyone who knows TopGear, May's Toy Stories etc. knows what a terrific moderator James May is.

His DVD with the same title is amusing and - yes - informative. May wants to make real men out of us men. He designs sinks out of concrete, he deaktivates an old german bomb, he builds a cinema and and so on... (This DVD is a must-have for every May-fan.)...
Published on 15 Dec 2011 by CF

5.0 out of 5 stars Total surprise., 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
After buying this book for my dad as a birthday present (he is a big fan of James May) I thought Id have a look through before wrapping it up. This book really is very good. Its informative, fun, accessible and a great read. The illustrations are super and really set the tone. It surpasses all expectations. I thought it would be predictable but its not. Well done James for giving us a thorough, well researched, well written book of usefulness! I urge everyone to buy it, read it and pass it on!

5.0 out of 5 stars James May's Man Lab, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
My 16-year-old son absolutely loves this book. He has been an avid fan of the series on television so I bought this book as a stocking filler for Christmas. It contains some of what was covered in the TV programmes but also a lot of new and different things.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 29 May 2013
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
great book and anyone can read it with ease. lots of diagrams and interesting things to look at and store in your memory bank

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the man who likes a good read and isnt very much of a handyman, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
I bought this for my brother in law who doesnt know how to do anything but write with his hands (hes a writer). My sister has to do all the usefulness things so i thought it would get him started

5.0 out of 5 stars Shook me out of my 'new man' stupor, 9 April 2014
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
In true manlab style I thumbed through this august tome whilst toasting my feet at the fire in my local with a foaming pint of best at my elbow. My regular chortles and occasional guffaw (top word that) drew disapproving glares from the nearby cribbage team embroiled in what was clearly a grudge match. The best way to describe the effect of the book on my wishy washy new man thinking was that of being in receipt of a damned good, straight down the line, talking to from a worldly wise uncle. The next day, duly inspired, I strode manfully down to the foot of my garden and 'sorted out' the huge trampoline that had been slowly falling apart for years. And, yes James, I WAS wearing overalls - in a rather dapper shade of claret. BUT, the trampoline did not, as I had intended, go to the local dump, oh no sir! Together with parts of a redundant barbie, I re-purposed the steel frame to create a seating area for a fire pit to enable NO.1 son and buddies to sit and do that essential teen male bonding thing, which will perchance lead to a new generation of manlab devotees. Nothing quite so manly as messing about with fire...Bless you Mr May for shaking me out of my wimp-like torpor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
It's a book. A very good book. Good condition with only a little tear on the front cover, otherwise fine. Quick delivery. Love James May.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good present, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a present for a friend and he loved it, was talking about the book for weeks afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dad present, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
My husband was thrilled as he loved the show. Made a great Father's Day present. I've even had a look through and found it really interesting and humorous too

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book in perfect condition., 27 May 2013
This review is from: James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness (Hardcover)
This book came when it said, not before or after and was in perfect condition, not even any slight marks. The book itself is actually quite funny and very helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring eccentricity, 14 Jan 2013
A good read. Even the sections of things you aren't really interested in are worth reading. James May has a very relaxed writing style which makes his work very readable and this is a book you can pick up and put down whenever you have a spare moment. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness
James May's Man Lab: The Book of Usefulness by James May (Hardcover - 13 Oct 2011)
16.00