5.0 out of 5 stars At last!
My son made a career in the hospitality business and has worked at Michellin-starred restaurants and at top hotels. My brother is an enthusiastic amateur who has trained as a chef to professional standards. None of us are vegetarian. But we all agree that Prashad is without doubt the best place we have ever eaten and the most unlikely, tucked away down a side street in...
Published 22 months ago by M. Fraser

2.0 out of 5 stars Some workable recipes but beware of the quantities
I was thrilled to get hold of this book and less than thrilled with some of the results in the kitchen. Pea and cauliflower curry great, and likewise speedy spicy sweetcorn. But if you cook regularly and think a quantity is wrong it probably is - roti dough was far too wet and sesame jaggary 'squares' were a heap of brick dust; the text shows toffee-like looking...
Published 13 months ago by Solange

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
This is the book all curry heads dream of,just follow the instructions to the letter and hay presto! the best curry you will ever have ive had a few meals out of this now and i rate them highly

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious foodi, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
I have made 2 of the recipes so far .easy to follow and most importantly delicious.very pleased with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
This is the book for anyone who wants to create great tasting Indian food and get away from using ready made sauces which are all much of a muchness. The flavours are more delicate and aromatic. It also gives a great range of side dishes which complement the main courses. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 Feb 2013
Easy to follow recipes. Highly recommended. I'm a beginner and I found following the book easy and the food is excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book- long awaited, 2 Feb 2013
B. Montford (ILKLEY, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
I am a great fan of Kaushy and Bobby Patel's restaurant , "The Prashad". I'm lucky to live near enough to dine there. I bought three copies of this book, two for other enthusiasts as Christmas presents and one for myself. We are going to have cook-ins at each other's kitchens to work through all the recipes. Only one of us is a vegetarian but the food is so good it appeals to meat-eaters as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
I can't wait to work my way through this book. Mouth watering at every page. And written with such love and experience. A delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - great range of truly Indian dishes, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
Easy to follow recipes and descriptions of spices needed - including photos. Especially like the alternatives that can be used if you cannot get the correct spice. Loved the street food section.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cookbook, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
Bought this as a christmas present but had a good read of it and may be 'borrowing' back.
The recipes looked easy to follow and a bit different to the norm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 28 Oct 2012
Dolina Swanson (Isle - of - Lewis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking (Hardcover)
Waited for months for this book and so far have not been disappointed. The result of the combination of spices/masalas and vegetables is incredible. A recent dinner party of carnivores were blown away by the curries, many thanks Kaushy and all at Prashad.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice recipes, but proportions are way off, 7 Jan 2014
Etheldreda (Dublin 4 Ireland) - See all my reviews
As a vegetarian who loves Indian food, I was really looking forward to getting this book. And when I opened it, I was not disappointed - so many delicious recipes. However, when I looked in a bit more detail, I was surprised. 100ml of oil for Mattar Paneer? Only 3 potatoes for the tamarind, tomato and potato curry? 400g of peas for the pea and cauliflower curry? I was somewhat taken aback at these amounts, but reckoned that the recipes had been tested and must be correct, so I went ahead and followed them. The result, in all cases, was a bit of a mess - not because I didn't follow the recipe, but because I did.

So I have to agree with some other reviewers. It appears that this book was rushed out and the proportions of ingredients were not revised to suit smaller quantities. This is a shame, as it makes many of the recipes unworkable. I hope that the authors review the book and put out another edition with the correct proportions, as then I'm sure it would be an excellent cook for anyone who loves vegetarian Indian cooking.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking
Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Kaushy Patel (Hardcover - 13 Sep 2012)
22.75