Format: Hardcover|Change

Having read "Year of the Tiger" by Moody I did wonder what else he'd have to say and I was slightly concerned that "My Life in Rugby" would be the same story but shaken up a bit. It's not. Lewis is amusing, candid and honest throughout this book and he talks openly about a career which has seen him reach the pinnacle of professional rugby union. I was completely unaware, until I'd read this, that Lewis has an embarrassing, serious, bowel condition and now I cringe when I remember some of the huge tackles I've seen him put in, and take, through the years but that just shows his dedication and the level of his professionalism. This guy has done it all and has had a career that would leave most young rugby professionals drooling, Leicester Tigers, Bath, England and Lions, but what comes over in My Life in Rugby is Lewis as a person rather than just another rugby player. There's a real sense of warmth and comedy in this book but the core of it reveals an exceptional young man with steely determination, ambition and boundless talent. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 6 January 2012
Bought this for my Dad this christmas, as we are both avid rugby union (Leicester Tigers) fans. I pre- ordered this as soon as I could and we both were not dissapointed by this read. A must for serious rugby fans!
on 9 January 2012
A good read, which my 13 year old rugby mad son is now enjoying immensely too as he keeps quoting snippits on a regular basis, much to the annoyance of his older sisters.
on 5 May 2012
I found the book very honest and entertaining.He revealed many personal details which were surprising and uplifting.A great read for anyone interested in rugby.
on 17 April 2013
I knew very little about Moody other than his awesome England performances before reading this book.

I won't go into too much detail, but I think it is fair to say that Lewis is not the character I expected, he has an interesting back story and an amazing work ethic and determination.

I've recommended this book to a lot of people, well worth a read.
on 22 October 2014
Disappointing, didn't reveal much of what he thought about those he played with, or his views of the development of rugby from when it went open, or his reaction to some of the RFUs decisions during the time he represented his Country. Plenty of stuff about his various injuries but all players have these sort of issues to deal with especially back rowers.
on 8 April 2013
This book provides a real insight into the minds of players both on the international and national stage and is a must have for rugby fans! I only gave this a four star however because some of the bits are too personal for my taste.
I strongly recommend this for rugby fans!
on 31 January 2013
Good easy reading and one to my rugby book collection,

Moody writes in an easy tell you as it is which is what you expect from an ex rugby player.

You did a great job both on the field and off
on 2 January 2012
An exciting insite to the life of Lewis Moody - Captain of England Rugby Team. The book is an honest view of the his life as a schoolboy, a Leicester Tiger and devoted England player. Some really fuuny stuff as well. The book also puts to right some of the bad press that he got concerning the World Cup in New Zealand. Its a pity the Britsh press do not have the courage that Moody has shown over the years and printed the truth. He deserves the utmost credit and respect for what he has done given the injury and health problems he has had throught his long career. A great read not to be missed
on 27 July 2013
Great book even for non rugby fans, very honest and easy to read. Very hard to put down. Great insight into what it takes to be an elite athlete and the pressures