5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely hilarious
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by Mrs. A. Hunt

3.0 out of 5 stars Triumph of marketing over substance..
Published on 12 Dec. 2011 by J.M. LINDSAY

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely hilarious, 18 Oct. 2011
Mrs. A. Hunt (Bolton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
I got this book this afternoon around 1pm, I had it read by 8pm, I just couldn't put it down. Just because I'm from Bolton doesn't mean I'm biased, but this book is one of the funniest books of this kind I've read in a long time. A lot of it is observational humour. One place he said he is banned from hiring DVD's is Bolton Video Store which is owned by friends of ours, I wonder if he knows he is now famous!! We can all sympathize with a lot of the scenarios in the book, but whoever thought coat hangers would be quite so evil is beyond me! It is definitely a book I am going to re read several times. If you like a good laugh then it is well worth buying. I know he isn't everybodies cup of tea so to speak, but it is well worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Down Memory Lane!, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
Finally bought it and read it in under 4 hours - my neighbours in the flat above must have thought I was inhaling laughing gas or something I laughed that much! Yes I am Bolton born and bred and of a similar age to Mr Kay but this book is a must have for anyone who just wants a good giggle, I am sure some of the people in their 30's can easily relate to the growing up area's! Some of the things written in here were so true to my way of growing up, the bit where dad lit the fireworks I felt I was reading about my dad!

The restaurant scenario, the video shop, eBay, online shopping and being sent the wrong thing often something completely different what you ordered (think we shop at the same local online store Mr Kay!)

The iPod and incident with Nana, reminded of trying to teach dad to use an MP3 player several years ago, it is still stuck in the drawer unused! Please don't get me started on the Careline setting, how much that reminded me of my own grandparents moving into the sheltered bungalow in the 80's and the orange Careline cord was tied so high to the ceiling it would have been near damn impossible for anyone to reach it if they were stuck on the floor! "Don't press that button you'll have the warden round!" was often shouted as I walked past the hallway!

A fabulous laugh and how I plan to have some fun with my shatterproof ruler in my evening class next week... please don't call the college and if you read in the Bolton paper next week "Girl arrested for shatterproof ruler incident at local college" it will be me and you know where I got the idea from! Although first I think I will back my books in some wallpaper, now where is that stash of anaglypta!

Buy the book, share it with friends, but trust me you wull laugh - if you don't then see a doctor for some drugs!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that's not a book., 18 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
If you like Peter Kay's 'stream of consciousness' sense of humour you will love this book. In my opinion it is better than his previous offerings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Triumph of marketing over substance.., 12 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
I got this book for my husband as he is an avid Peter Kay fan. He read it in one morning (actually less if I discount the time he spent making coffee and carrying out his ablutions) He did find it funny but he also said that there were a lot of pictures in it so actually there wasn't a lot to read. He did appreciate the sentiment of me buying him something that I knew he would like so all is well but I would not recommend it to others unless they are die hard fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Book Thats More Than Just A Book - Peter Kay, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
This was bought for my mother in law who is an avid fan of Peter Kay. She was extremely disappointed at the amount of full page photographs there were in this book and not an awful lot of writings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud material!, 5 Feb. 2013
Mrs. D. J. C. Moody "sydom0" (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
Admittedly I was abit slow getting this book but on the bright side it meant it was a bargain. It isn't the longest book in the world by any length, plus it was fairly padded out with large, staged photographs, I read it within a couple of evenings, but it is HILARIOUS, really laugh-out-loud funny, much like his stand up stuff basically. I've also read Michael McIntyre, David Walliams and Miranda's auto-bio style books and although they were certainly more in-depth and detailed/lengthy, they had nowhere near as much humour within them. Refreshing to have a book that makes you permanently smile and laugh, very entertaining! Thanks Peter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britain's top comic, 18 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
Peter Kay is Britain's top comic. Another slice of his hilarious life. A must-have addition to his earlier works. Will keep you laughing.

5.0 out of 5 stars peter kay the book, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
this is so hilarious you can imagine peter being there whilst you are reading it it is so funnyand its just the way he is

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit Disappointed, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
I am a Peter Kay fan and was delighted to be given this book as a gift. However, I found it quite disappointing in that most of the pages were just huge pictures with a paragraph of writing on it. This is why many people on here have commented on how quickly they read it - because there's not that much to read. Its a shame because his other books are really good but for me there is just not enough content in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 7 May 2012
This review is from: The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book (Hardcover)
if you liked the dvd you'll like this, some of the same material but lots more and pictures. worth buying.

The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book
The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book by Peter Kay (Hardcover - 15 Sept. 2011)