5.0 out of 5 stars SANDRA BROWN OUTDOES HERSELF WITH THIS ONE!
It began so peacefully. The scene is tranquil, domestic, happy. A young widow, Honor Gillette, is frosting cupcakes under the watchful eyes of her four-year-old daughter, Emily. The words finally penetrate "that innate mom-screen that filtered out unimportant chatter" - Emily is saying there's a sick man in their backyard.

There is, indeed. Honor asks...
Published on 24 Sep 2011 by Gail Cooke

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have been called 'Who is the bookeeper?'
Not sure where the title 'Lethal' came from.From the outset the author indirectly asks the reader to try & guess who The Bookeeper is. The whole story was based on this and in my opinion was not handled as well as some of the previous reviews have indicated.

Published on 19 Jun 2012 by LouiseV

5.0 out of 5 stars SANDRA BROWN OUTDOES HERSELF WITH THIS ONE!, 24 Sep 2011
Gail Cooke (TX, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lethal (Hardcover)

There is, indeed. Honor asks Emily to retrieve her phone from the bedroom and goes outside, but as she draws closer the obviously wounded man acts so quickly, so professionally that she doesn't even have time to recoil before he has her neck in a hold and a gun pointed toward her heart.

Life change in a nano second - from baking cupcakes to being held hostage in her own home, forced to save herself and most of all, Emily. The man is Lee Coburn, the prime suspect in the massacre of seven people the previous night. Obviously, he is capable of anything, a soulless creature. He promises Honor he will not harm them if she does exactly as he says. She has no choice - her home is isolated, bordering a Louisiana bayou. Honor has remained there because it is the home she and her late policeman husband, Eddie, had shared.

Coburn begins to systematically dismantle her house, searching for something he claims Eddie has hidden. Despite Honor's denials of knowing what he is talking about he literally reduces the home to a shambles, while hinting that Eddie's death was not an accident, that he was killed for what he knew. Further, he claims that what he is looking for is of such great value that the lives of Honor and Emily are in danger.

In a shocking turn of events Honor comes to believe Coburn is telling the truth and they go on the run in search of the secret Eddie held and the mastermind behind the mass killings, barely staying inches ahead of the law, those who were her trusted friends.

Always an ace at penning romantic suspense Sandra Drown has outdone herself with Lethal. From page 3 it's exciting, tightly plotted reading and ever mounting suspense peopled by finely drawn characters who are not who they appear to be.

This is stay-up-all-night reading!

- Gail Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Non stop action!, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: Lethal (Kindle Edition)
I'm not a particularly good reviewer of books (which is a good start) but I loved this book. I found it hard to put down.

Unlike a few books that I've read recently, I could clearly remember every character and every twist and turn. It's a real mystery, who can be trusted? Will they live?

Very well written and believable characters that you ended up caring about. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have been called 'Who is the bookeeper?', 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Lethal (Kindle Edition)

There were too many characters, too many implausible events, too many attempts to throw in red herrings, and too many failed attempts to throw in as many unsuccesful plot twists as you can possibly fit into one book.

As you have probabaly already guessed this was not one of my favourite books. It all got a bit too much at the end and it lost what bit of credability it had.
By the time the author revealed the identity of the bookeeper I had lost all interest. I was just glad it was all over.
Of course all loose ends were tied up neatly, just as I thought they would be.
Not my thing at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will become a film/tv mini series, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Lethal (Paperback)
My first ever review on Amazon. I am writing this because I would recommend this book to anyone who liked tv programs like 24 or Homeland in terms of fast paced thrillers full of twists throughout. You do not know how it will play out till you get to the end. Do not get me wrong - when you take a step back it's easy to question the "realism" and whether certain characters would risk their own lives as much as the storyline suggests. However, it is a "story" at the end of the day and most of what I watch on TV would never happen in real life anyway. Overall a fantastic read, and the writing sytle is so creative you can vividly imagine each scene and understand the emotions of the lead characters in your mind as you read through it.
My first time reading a Sandra Brown novel. I plan to read all of her novels now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 May 2012
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lethal (Kindle Edition)
I'm pretty sure that in the course of my reading history I have read Sandra Brown before. She isn't an author that pops to the front of my mind, when thinking about my favourite crime books. When I received a review copy and read the synopsis I thought it sounded surprisingly engrossing so I bumped it up the `to read' list and made a start. When Honor Gillette's daughter runs into the house and tells her Mum that there is `sick man' on the front lawn, Honor does no more than go out to help the guy. What she doesn't realise is that the man on her front lawn is actually Lee Coburn who is wanted by the police for multiple murders.

Within the first two chapters I was hooked. Lee Coburn although armed and dangerous is also a desperate man. He insists that Honor's late husband Eddie had something extremely valuable and he wants it. If she goes along with Coburn both Honor and her daughter would remain unharmed. The fact that this ordinary Mother and daughter are taken at gunpoint makes for extremely exciting reading very early on. I was drawn into the story as Honor fights to keep her daughter safe. She is completely unaware of what Coburn wants but is determined to make sure he gets it.

Quite a few other characters are introduced early on and even before the halfway mark I began questioning every character almost convincing myself that they were `in on it'! Before too long I realised that I was nearly finished and realised that although it was late I HAD to finish reading. Was I right? This is certainly a `whodunit' kind of book and I loved the fact that there was so much going on. There were quite a few plot twists and although I saw one or two coming I certainly couldn't have predicted others.

Sandra Brown to me falls into the Romantic Suspense genre, although I cannot speak for the rest of her books but this one most certainly is. The ending was brilliant and it's certainly a book that will hold your interest and keep you reading until the early hours. This sort of book will be a definite winner for fans of Karen Rose. If you haven't read Sandra Brown before, maybe you should give her a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars LETHAL Sandra Brown, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Lethal (Paperback)
I have purchased and read everything of Sandra Brown's available in print, and this certainly did not disappoint. It was difficult to put down, but we all have to sleep sometime. Coburn is like an onion, hidden layers. Honor is the faithful widow whose world, as well as her home, has been turned upside down and her uppermost concern is for her young daughter. Who do you trust, and in the end, no-one. It kept me guessing right to the end and then I was stunned.
I have deliberately not gone into major detail as the cover summary is more than enough to whet the appetite of Sandra Brown fans, and if you are new to her writings, this is well worth reading. You'll be hooked before the end of the first chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 10 Dec 2011
This review is from: Lethal (Kindle Edition)
This will keep you up! dont bank on an early night until you know the end - a great story and well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars lethal, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: Lethal (Hardcover)
Sandra Brown is great,I have read all her books and this did not disappoint, I read this until 1.30 am.I did not know who to trust,but never had any doubts about Cogburn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Another great story by Sandra Brow, I'd forgotten how good she was,

5.0 out of 5 stars LETHAL, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lethal (Kindle Edition)
A Really good read could not put the book down. Looking forward to reading more of Sandra Brown's books Eric

Lethal
Lethal by Sandra Brown (Paperback - 26 April 2012)