Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 February 2013
I love this book it is right up my street as I love all things vintage. There are so many good ideas and it is clearly written with good illustrations. Kirstie's books all have a quality which makes for good reading and a great book to dip into time and time again. A good gift for anyone interested in vintage, crafts, homemaking or social history. It is also just a lovely read.
on 13 December 2012
I absolutely love Kirsty Allsopp and really enjoyed her Craft book, which was full of ideas for beautiful handmade gifts. I found the ideas in this book rather uninspiring and would liked to have seen many more examples of vintage interiors and up cycled furniture. I had this book on pre-order and am sorry to say that I was disappointed when it arrived. There are however still a few inspiring examples of beautiful furniture, and as always with Kirsty, beautiful fabric selections to update chairs etc.
on 9 December 2012
Loved this book. The different ideas for using old furniture and material for up cycling is very clever as well as money saving.
on 26 April 2013
A lovely source of vintage, thrift, charity shop, make it yourself book. Will be dipping in and out of this book for inspirationfor years to come. worth a add to your shopping basket for yourself of a crafty friend. ***
on 21 November 2012
I have been watching Kirstie Allsopp's shows for a while and have been taken along by her enthusiasm for every thing hand made. I used to make a lot of of clothes both sewn and knitted and soft furnishings, but got out of the habit. Gradually I've got back to knitting and have wanted to do more to recycle stuff in my home. This book (of a TV series) is full of useful projects that anyone who can thread a needle or use a paint brush can do themselves. The instructions are clear and simple to follow, although in some cases they may set off an idea in the reader which goes at a tangent to the project actually described. About 50% of the projects are relevant to me and my home and about half of the rest have given me ideas. As well as the projects there is a wealth of information about where to source materials and recycled objects and how to use and display them and make your own vintage home. The book is well laid out and has its own vintage feel. This book will help anyone who has the time and inclination to make home made changes in their own home.
on 10 December 2012
Good book with lots of great craft ideas, there are a fewer craft ideas that could be done on a daily basis (than previous books), for instance there is quite a big section on wedding crafts, but other than that it's a good buy.
on 2 January 2013
If you watched the series of the same name, you will just love this book! It shows all the things achieved during the series, and shows how to do it for yourself. A must for any Kirstie fans out there!
on 24 April 2013
Saw the book advertised on TV at the start of her show and thought it would be great fun and make a nice present for a friend. I should have saved the money and taken my friend out for lunch instead. My kids do more appealing diy at school than Kirstie presents in her book. Would rather drop dead before displaying any of this in my home.
on 21 August 2013
I always enjoy Kirstie's offerings, but in fact, this is very basic information, and I will definitely be giving it to a younger person who has not economized before. These pages reflect many different crafts and are designed to encourage recycling and innovation. It is a good book for a younger person who has not tried to use these crafts before. I prefer not to paint wooden furniture, but to refinish it, so I won't be taking the advice to paint old pieces. Over all, a very useful book and fun to look at.
on 18 November 2013
I bought this book as i love upcycling and creating new things from old. I was a little disappointed with the book itself. There are some good ideas in there but alot of not so great too. She was very helpful with advice on what to look for in fabrics and furniture. I bought this book as used, it is in mint condition and i can understand why. If i had bought this brand new and paid the £15 for it i would have been severely unhappy. Service was fast though, which is why i'll use them again.