5.0 out of 5 stars The Burning Air - a great read
I've had a run of boring books over the last few weeks so was relieved to read this one which kept me gripped.
A family gathers at a remote house for Bonfire Night: Rowan, the recently widowed father, and his daughters Sophie and Tara, and his son Felix, and their partners and children. In their midst a stranger, Felix's new girlfriend. When she disappears with...
Published 16 months ago by JM

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I am missing something?
The story focuses on the McBride family, a close knit clan who prize education and justice highly, not least because the Mother and Father of the family are a magistrate and a headteacher respectively. We begin the book with the death of the beloved family matriarch, Lydia, and learn she has a secret she took to her grave, a secret that if revealed would have dire...
Published on 10 Feb. 2013 by Cymbaline

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutted it's finished!, 19 Feb. 2013
Woofyhoof (Montrose, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
I read the kindle version on my iPad so I hadn't even realised I was approaching the end of the book... I feel rather bereft now, knowing I don't have the pull and excitement of this page turner of a story beckoning me from real life into a thrilling escapism.

The story is told from a few perspectives, which is a style I find to be engaging, giving insight into how the same situation can of course be very different depending on who's eyes you are looking through.

I don't want to say too much about the plot as I doubt I could do it justice but it is incredibly well constructed and had me re reading some parts of the book, dealing with various revelations and often wondering 'How did I miss that?'

Assuming that by reading this review you are considering buying 'The Burning Air', I suggest that you go for it. I purchased it based on a 5 star review in heat magazine and felt compelled to leave my own 5 star review to help any undecideds decide. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling, compelling, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
Erin Kelly's talent for weaving a breath-taking tale has not faded. The Burning Air lures you, draws you in, keeps you guessing, gives you goosebumps, makes you gasp, and essentially makes you offer any excuse necessary to keep reading until the dramatic, longed-for conclusion. A sense of menace overshadows certain chapters as the plot unfolds, and your empathy spirals from one character to another as you keep reading to find out the roots of this chilling, sad, and compelling story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Hardcover)
Loved this book. It has a good twist in the ending and a clever storyline throughout. Well worth a read. Great characters. Would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic thriller, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Hardcover)
Cracking psychological thriller that I gobbled up at every opportunity. The main character is memorably chilling and creepy, the twist totally ambushed me - and I usually spot them a mile off - and at times during the last chapters it's almost too tense to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Hardcover)
Well I loved this, but it is very difficult to review without giving anything away. As good as The Poison Tree for fans who enjoyed that and without leaving me anticipating certain elements, which happened in The Sick Rose as some of the character developments went along the same lines and I could guess what was going to happen to a certain extent.

Good, fast, readable thriller recommended for a long journey or hospital stay. Can't say any more except ENJOY!! I did. Very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tense and gripping thriller!, 29 Jan. 2013
Mrs. E. M. Perrott (London, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Burning Air (Hardcover)
Having young children I don't often get the chance to read so when I do I want the book to be good! I wasn't dissapointed with this thrilling novel. It kept me genuinely gripped and the twists and turns were clever and also believable. The writing was beautiful and fluid and it was definitely a page turner I struggled to put it down! I would definitely recommend this book to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a book with a genuinely shocking twist, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
Erin Kelly has the ability to draw you in to her fascinating characters and just when you think you know who they are and the direction of the story all your preconceptions come crashing down.
Amazing writing, the only thing wrong with this book is that I won't have anything nearly as good to read for ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
This book is a brilliant read with a brilliant twist.

It should be turned into a TV drama

I would highly recommend ,'The Burning Air'

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is brilliant, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
The Burning Air grips you from the very first page. It is well written and the characters are believable, even if a little odd! It is a book that I couldn't put down and I was desperate to see aha was going to happen next and how the book was going to unfold.

5.0 out of 5 stars The burning Air, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, I couldn't put it down.
I thought it was the best one yet -much better than The PoisonTree.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 13 | Next ›

The Burning Air
The Burning Air by Erin Kelly (Paperback - 29 Aug. 2013)