4.0 out of 5 stars Better understanding of your actions leads to greater control :)
I really enjoyed this book! I took it on holiday and finished it in a couple of days. It really delves in to what drives different types of eaters and what actions they are prone to. Even though I am familiar with mindfulness already, I found reading this book really helped cement my understanding of how mindfulness can address food habits. I am happy to say that not...
Published on 25 Jun. 2012 by Koos

3.0 out of 5 stars Focus on the second part, more practical
Apologies but I found the first part of the book particularly boring. I quickly skimmed through page fillers.
The book started to interest me when it addressed some mindfulness techniques. It describes the Take10 meditation technique that can be practiced with the free "headspace" app. It gives a list of techniques to eat mindfully. What I have found particularly...
Published 16 months ago by LoveLife Reading List

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Well worth a read even if you don't ..., 19 Feb. 2015
Fantastic. Well worth a read even if you don't want to lose weight. Don't expect miracles but slowly you change your way of eating and thinking of food which lasts long term rather than a quick fix diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take 10... & open your mind......, 8 Nov. 2013
I adore this book, following a little research on Andy Puddicombe & meditation I decided to take the plunge & purchase The Headspace Diet. I was not disappointed and would definately recommend... I've now adopted the technique to other parts of my life & I can honestly say that it's helped me tremendously. Give it a go..... what've you got to lose..??

4.0 out of 5 stars sensible, 13 Mar. 2013
Amazon Customer (Alexandria,Egypt) - See all my reviews
Made me stop & think about mindful eating, well written & not preachy. Hope to follow the advice given a good principal to apply to everything in life.

3.0 out of 5 stars alright but ended suddenly without the actual plan!, 1 Aug. 2014
Read cover to cover & still not sure what I'm meant to be doing! Annoyed I have to fi in the review to check the last few pages

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Oct. 2014
More difficult to do through the book than the app

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 6 April 2014
As a serial (failed) dieter I found this book to help me in so many areas of my life, not just in losing weight. I like to read books from beginning to end to get an overview of what's inside before actually doing any of the exercises, and have already noticed some changes before even doing any of the recommended activities!

The book basically introduces you to meditation and explains how we spend most of our lives reacting to thoughts and feelings without stepping back and making a clear, calm and informed decision on how to react if at all. After reading the book through for the first time, I have already began questioning & identifying the reasons why I over ate in particular circumstances and feel that by developing mindfulness I will eventually be able to make a decision as to whether I wish to react which is something I had never previously questioned. The practice can also be applied to other aspects of your life such as work stress, family life- in fact everything! I have subscribed to a two year programme as I intend to fully embrace the principles of mindfulness. However, the promotion at the end of the book to get your first three months free doesn't work hence the awarding of 4 stars instead of five. Still worth the subscription fee regardless of the discount I feel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little repetitive, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Headspace Diet: 10 days to finding your ideal weight (Paperback)
This is less of a diet book and more of a mindfulness/meditation book with a focus on being mindful while eating, but it's a very good one. It's easily accessible to novices to mindfulness, but even if you've read about it before, the food-based meditations are interesting and a bit different. If you've read Get Some Headspace by the author you find much new stuff in this, and the same goes for anyone who's already doing the Headspace meditation series online. In fact, there's a group of meditation sessions specifically about food/eating, but if like me you like to have a book, this is worth getting. Even if you don't need to lose any weight but just want to be a bit healthier, this will give you some tools for being more aware of what goes in your mouth, which is probably for the better. And the chocolate exercise is always fun to do :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fresh perspective, 18 May 2013
Just reading this will give you a different perspective on your relationship with food. But to get the full benefit you really need to practise the meditation. I already subscribe to headspace podcasts and so came to this book backwards but with a bit of an understanding of what it's trying to tell you. I'd recommend downloading the free headspace take 10 programme from the website. That'll give you a good start and I'd get going on that while you're reading the book - that way you might find it kind of unfolds in front of your eyes.

As one reviewer says it is very simple but I think we're mostly well clued up about what to eat these days. Most of us have dieted, lost weight, and piled it back on again. This book offers us something more - a fresh perspective and an unbelievable tool that with practice you can relate to all parts of your life. Who wouldn't want that!?

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Feb. 2015
ok

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a tease, 9 May 2013
There are some things in here which gave me food for thought but, as some other reviews said, it takes most of the book to tell you how helpful it will be. The actual "exercise" was very disappointing and after reading it I gave up on this book.

The Headspace Diet: 10 days to finding your ideal weight
The Headspace Diet: 10 days to finding your ideal weight by Andy Puddicombe (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2013)
Available for pre-order