Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 December 2010
I'm not a laugh out loud sort of person. I don't even like the LOL abbreviation. Still i did LOL on nearly every page. I keep the book in my car and read it when i have a minute or two. I recently drove some colleagues to lunch and one of them (more reserved than me), picked it up and LOL several times on the drive to the restaurant. The things that make you LOL are the unexpectedness of the humor. It is a book of wonderful imagery and titillating prose. My only complaint is with me. I didn't grow up British and imagine I would be laughing out loud even more so if i had.
on 14 November 2010
An amazing recording of a marvelous house wife who really is a megastar in the making. Her quick wit and amazing way she can tell her tale of everyday life struggling with the highs and lows of a suburban mother with six or seven kids juggling her housekeeping money to serve tempting spam dishes to keep the spice of life going in her marriage even with Stephen her husband friendliness to a neighbors and visits to local pub. A must read for all wives and mothers to help them through the challenges from day to day.
on 17 October 2010
There are some things in life that, no matter how dark times are, will never fail to make you smile.

Finally, the world can find out what we Twitter-types have known for a long time: Edna Fry is just one of those things. We love her, and now so will you.

Mrs. Fry's Diary is everything I expected. It's irreverent, charming, and it's going to cause you to draw much attention to yourself when you read it in public. Yes, everything I expected and more. The diary is not merely full of witty wordplay; we are treated to rare glimpses of the Frys and their children, Mrs. F's legendary Spam recipes, and tales of exotic adventures abroad. (That said, when are you and Stephen coming to New York, dear? I'm still waiting!)

Edna is, without question, a Twitter phenomenon. I am so proud of her accomplishments and can only hope the success doesn't go to her head. (She'll need a new hat, for a start.)

Edna has done so much for me, so the very least I can do is tell you to stop reading this right now and buy this book. A copy for every room in your house, a copy for your dog, and a copy for everyone in your school, office, or favorite Twitter bar. You'll want to read it again and again. I promise you'll find something more hilarious than the last time you picked it up!
As I follow Mrs Edna Fry on Twitter, and am always chuckling away at some of the tweets that she comes up with, I knew that I had to get this book to give me a laugh, and a break from some hard going novels I'd been tackling at the time.

Everything is tongue-in-cheek humour and you can certainly see the funny bits coming but as long as you don't expect it to be anything but a silly book, then you can't go far wrong with this one.

We read about Stephen Fry's secret life with his wife and 6+ children...they've lost count now, and I couldn't help myself when I looked at the dates of what was being written in Edna's diary and trying to figure out what Stephen would have actually been doing. I'm a bit sad like that.

If you follow Edna and Stephen on Twitter, then you should give this book a go.
on 17 October 2010
Edna, poor Edna! Poor misguided, misled and downtrodden Edna! I will always be here for you!

Readers.... Edna needs you!

And more importantly, YOU NEED EDNA! Travel with Mrs Fry through 365 diary entries of devotion, revelation and downright, side-splitting marvelousness! I have trawled the shops tirelesly for a book that includes both Spam recipes AND bondage techniques, and finally it has arrived! Hurrah!

Buy it! Buy it now! You will never look back....
on 10 May 2011
Mrs Stephen Fry is an inspiration to all downtrodden housewives and a role model to every mother of uncertain age and progeny. Edna shows us exactly how we can please our husbands, get creative with spam and nurture a talent for poetry - all while sporting a charming array of hats. Her tender outpourings have already inspired similarly modest ladies such as Mrs Michael Gove and Mrs Tony Blair to share their secrets of domestic bliss. Long may Mrs Fry's influence continue.
on 21 March 2011
I laughed my way through every page in the book. Meet Mrs Edna FRY, unaware of her husband's celebrity status, living in a dreamworld where she is the mistress in her own home and Stephen is somewhere in the background doing his "thing", which as far as she is aware is him being a window cleaner or something like that! Told in diary form, this is an absolute hoot of a book. Edna introduces us to 101 things to do with SPAM, and how NOT to bring up your kids. She is everything that every mother secretly wishes to be, irreverent, saucy, outrageous and totally off the wall.

Welcome to the world of Edna FRY, life will never be the same again...
on 26 November 2010
This was an impulse buy & proved to be a quick read & a very pleasant surprise. It was witty & unputdownable once I had come to terms with the ludicrous premise. Good fun, pacey & quite ridiculous!! A lovely lighthearted book from Stephen Fry.
on 20 December 2010
I was expecting to receive an average paperback but no, I received a nice hardback book, printed with quite large characters which makes it easy to read, say, in the bus. Now about the content itself, this is a light, funny piece of writing, yet with some surprising and moving (and exciting!) bits. The use of recurring references makes it very enjoyable and the reader feels like sharing something with the narrator. I am really really happy with my purchase, and I can't wait to read Edna's scribbling again :D
(pardon my English, I happen to be French.)
on 15 June 2012
The second book from Edna, wife of Britain's Official National Treasure, Stephen Fry is, once again, an utter delight.
Casting her shrewd eyes over human frailties (especially in the male of the species) and offering the sagest of advice, Edna walks us through the inevitable hurdles of married life, from dating and proposal to divorce.

Her astute observations and sparkling humour cannot help but suggest to the reader that the renowned wit of her husband may be due, in no small measure, to his long-suffering wife. Perhaps Edna is truly the talent in this family.

Mother to his five, six (or is it seven?) children, long-suffering Edna steps out of the shadows to reveal yet another sparkling facet of her dazzling personality.

An unkind observer may suggest that Edna is merely Stephen under an assumed name - or under a wig, at least. But it's often said that people grow to look like their pets - which may explain the uncanny resemblance of this almost-perfectly married couple.

Readers should also be aware that Edna has published this book with the assistance of Unbound, a crowd-publishing company. Supporters who invested in this book have received their copy six months ahead of the date of its release to the general public.
[...]