Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 June 2013
i would recomend this book to everyone. Its powerful writing at it's best. the writer puts you right there in the room where the action is, you feel the pain, fear and sheer determination of the character. If you like pain, butt clenching reads then this is for you.
theres far more in the book than the film,,,,,,,, they must do a second film which is truer to the book. thankyou Mr King
on 7 July 1998
I'm not a Stephen King fan, but I must say this is one of his better books. The plot was interesting, suspenseful, and even believable. However, I've always wondered why SK has to put extra words, thoughts, & dangling sentences in his novels. It gets so frustrating to read about EVERY feeling or disjointed thought going through Paul Sheldon's head. Too much of that minute detail and not enough dialogue in my opinion. Mr. King has a very annoying writing style, he writes as if he's jotting down everything going through his mind when he's creating his stories instead of pulling the pieces together to make a more jointed, cohesive tale. So, for writing style I give Mr. King 2 stars and 4 stars for creativity.
on 13 March 2004
This is one of the best books I've read. It kept me on the edge of my seat right until the end, I was genuinely hooked throughout. The sections which are Paul Sheldon's own writing, as he types his new Misery story, add so much to the book and give you an insight into what Annie is so excited about. But as the typewriter starts to disintegrate and he has to write individual letters in, you start to get a sense of Paul's desperation.
Annie's mood swings are excellently written, and Paul's forrays into other parts of the house, while Annie is out, are full of suspense as you wait for her to return and catch him in the act.
An excellent thriller, King at his best.
on 19 March 2016
Great book
on 14 April 2015
I loved it
VINE VOICEon 28 August 2008
I love this book could read it over and over again.Annie is a complete physco you find her hilarious and terrifying at the same time.The best horror villain ever much more believable and scary than ghastly ghosts and dead pets.King at his best.
on 23 October 2001
Another fantastic book from Stephen King, utterly real and completely adsorbing. It is hard, if not impossible to distinguse from the narrator and the author at times, the mark of a true artist. i read this book inside of a day, it was so good.
on 25 July 2007
This book is fantastic! It's hard to put down once you start, totally absorbing characters & situations. Its graphic detail is very creepy; it's not often that a book has that impact on me. Kings writing style is rhythmical and spellbinding.
on 28 May 2013
I've always wanted to read this book but never got round to it - so pleased I finally did. This is a really gripping and gruesome read that has you hooked right from the start. Very clever writing.
on 20 May 2015