5.0 out of 5 stars Well, I loved it, personally.
Reviewers so far seem to have been disappointed. I always await Grisham's with joy, and read them as soon as I get hold of them. This was no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the different style. Perhaps I should point out that I enjoy literature for younger people, which perhaps explains why I loved it and others here didn't... But then I wouldn't say it...
Published on 7 Jun 2010 by N. Parish

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice bit of light reading
Like many others I didnt realise I was ordering what is probably best classed as teenage fiction. However as soon as I saw the print size and read chapter one I realised and as such that set my expectation that this would not be like other Grisham books. I have to say I thought it was a fairly good book - not the most realistic plot but a nice bit of light hearted...
Published on 24 Jun 2010 by Poohbear Mummy

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for ages stated ... BEWARE, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
I thought my 9-yr old would like this. She loves Nancy Drew, which features an 18-yr old. But not only is this a really tedious read, I had to give up reading it at the description of the murder about 5 chapters in. My daughter had already given up during chapter one, but I said "it will get better and more interesting". I was wrong for page after page of irrelevant detail. Grisham is full of himself in adult fiction, which I actually quite like, but this is not suitable for younger children despite what some reviewers say. Murder is not a nice crime with which to begin a series. Legal stuff is really quite boring. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
My nephew of 13 absolutely loves it !
Really good book set for boys and girls in early teens
Great read ! (I have read too)

4.0 out of 5 stars Theodore Boone, 13 Nov 2013
Enjoyed the book and the introduction of a totally new character. The plot is pacy and enjoyable. I would recoomend the book to other Grisham readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
I love the way he writes. Its not heavy reading but involved enough to keep you from putting it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars great teenager book, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
Excellent book for a teenager of 13. Clearly explains legal procedure and a well-written story with plenty of twists and turns in the plot

5.0 out of 5 stars great books for kids, easy read for adults, 10 Oct 2013
I often read 'younger reader' books to assess their suitability for my 12 year old. This book is a great read for keen readers aged 12+ but I also thoroughly enjoyed it. Well written, edge-of-seat, a really good introduction to legal fiction.

4.0 out of 5 stars One for the kids!, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
Bought this for my teenage son who is an avid reader. It's not his usual genre but he's enjoying it so far. We'd seen the second book in this series in the teen section of our local book shop but they didn't have this one, hence this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series for pre-teens (and parents)!, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
My 11 year old daughter is a voracious reader. She loves Skulduggery Pleasant, the Eragon series and has just finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I bought her the first Theodore Boone book in an attempt to get her to read about something other than dragons, magic and wizards. She practically finished the first book in one sitting then went down to the local bookshop to purchase the other two with her birthday money.

I have always been a fan of John Grisham, perhaps because I too am a lawyer, and thoroughly enjoyed my daughter reading these books to me.

I'm now in the process of re-reading some of the early Grisham books to establish which ones would be suitable for my daughter to read. She has been nagging me to let her read them because (in her words) Grisham is "really, really good writer".

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner!, 18 Sep 2013
Not quite perfect but close enough for four stars. The action (if that's the right word) keeps moving along but unfortunately tapers off into the last chapter with a not-very satisfying final page.

Edited to add: The reason for the weak ending is now obvious to me with the sequel "The Accused" which I'm part way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Theodore Boone, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Theodore Boone (Paperback)
John Grisham's books are always good and am just getting my grandson into reading these teenage ones. I also enjoy them too and find them quite "gripping"

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

Theodore Boone
Theodore Boone by John Grisham (Hardcover - 3 Jun 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01