on 20 December 2014
Billed as a book for younger readers I still enjoyed the easy read at 60 years old!
on 21 July 2010
Well the direct comparison to this can only be "To kill a Mocking bird" and the coincidence is that it is the 50th anniversary of that novel. It has the same simplicity and tries to give the innocence of Theodore's childhood as the basis of the story.

Grisham has been interviewed recently stating that he is considering a series to Boone novels, although I guess it will be dependant on sales of this book? Anyway it doesn't detract from the fact is a good read, especially from the perspective if a teenager reads this.

The only downside is set in a non-specific time period, but as usual Grisham does provide his usual craft with style.
on 4 July 2010
I always enjoy reading John Grisham's books and this one was no exception. But........this was the least satisfying of all his novels (for me). I finished page 263, turned over and realised that the story was over or at best there may be another book to follow. What was the sinister character Omar Cheepe up to? What was his relationship with Pete Duffy? What would he do to Theodore and the family?

I wouldn't have bought this book had I known if would leave the reader in mid-air.
on 14 September 2014
Great read and something a bit different from John Grisham, loved it
on 13 September 2015
Good series of books, keeping my teenage boy interested in reading.
on 16 September 2010
Every time a new John Grisham book comes out I rush to buy it and am really hopeful it will be as good as the classics like The firm & The King of Torts. I should've known that because it didn't have 'the' in the title, it was going to be pants... This book is not comparable with his earlier works. Whilst I'm on the topic I might just add that I really didn't like 'Bleachers' or that 'Singing for pizza' one either. I think Grisham should just stick to what he's good at..
on 28 September 2010
Theo Boone is a forgettable book. Unless a sequel is in the pipeline then this is just pointless, another non- ender from Grisham.

Whilst the story is enjoyable if a little unbelievable, the suspense is lacking and the ending just whimpers out to nothing again. Not quite as much of a let down as The Associate but still, 2 consecutive books ending disappointingly now.

Lets hope The Confession restores some of the waning hope I still have in Grisham.
on 20 December 2014
Poor story content, below normal standard of a John Grisham book.
on 12 January 2015
love the book gave it to my Grandson he thought it was good read
on 20 October 2014
I enjoyed reading this but then this is from a very good writer