5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious
What a find this guy is. Pigs and dogs and so true to life.With a growing family too. I laughed out loud so many times reading this book. I guess I will just have to read it again. It wouldactuallymake a great movie, so much better than Babe! Do buy this book, I just know you will love it as much as I did.
Published 6 months ago by David PM Young

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as good as i thought it would be
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Lornajane

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious, 14 Feb 2014
David PM Young (East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Pig in the Middle (Paperback)
This is such a good read. Matt Whyman will have you laughing throughout this book, as well as a little sad in places. I feel like I've learned so much about pigs I could have some myself now. Not my normal read but so glad that I've read it, you won't be disappointed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For house husbands everywhere, 23 Feb 2011
Scott (Warrington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pig In The Middle (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit to being somewhat sceptical when my wife suggested I read this book -I don't share her penchant for pigs and as a typical alpha male (ok, maybe not) I'm not particularly interested in the twitterings of a bloke who is stuck in the good life gone wrong.

However, I'm so glad I took the time to read it. Ok, so I don't own mini pigs, a wolfhound, or chickens, and I don't have 4 kids, but so many of the events and characters throughout the story resonated with similar moments and important people in my life. I was almost (remember, I'm an alpha-male) moved to tears on one occasion, but for the most part I giggled my way through what ended up being a really comical and moving story.

I won't be rushing out to buy a minipig but the good life gone wrong seems a lot more appealing than it did before reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read Matt Whyman, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pig in the Middle (Paperback)
I'm in the middle of reading this book, having already read Walking With Sausage Dogs,which i definitely recommend.If you are looking for a well written feel good book which actually makes you laugh out loud, this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this book if you have read "My life with minipigs... ITS THE SAME BOOK, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pig in the Middle (Paperback)
I was so delighted to find another mini pig book on sale by the same author.. I have Oink.. My Life With Minipigs already and it is a lovely book to read. I down loaded Pig In the Middle.. onto my kindle.. not realising that it is the same book!! A quick call to Kindle customer services soon sorted it out and I am now expecting a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as good as i thought it would be, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pig in the Middle (Paperback)
Got this for Xmas having found it on Amazon and liked the look of it. Sadly disappointed by it as it hasn't made me laugh at all. In fact it's made me feel annoyed! To explain a bit more, I'm annoyed with the 'characters' in the book. If what Matt Whyman writes is a true reflection of his life I feel very sorry for him. Does anyone else who's read it feel the same way or am i alone in wanting him to stand up to Emma, May and Lou?
To sum up, some people may find this book 'enchanting' or 'laugh out loud funny' as the blurb on the jacket says, but i certainly didn't (I'm amazed i bothered to finish it actually)

Pig in the Middle
Pig in the Middle by Matt Whyman (Paperback - 13 Oct 2011)
6.89