5.0 out of 5 stars If wish I had learned about this years ago
Having dieted in many ways, some extreme, some unhealthy, many involving deprivation and an accompanying sense of desperation and hunger, I wish I had learned about The Dukan Diet a long time ago. This diet would be perfect for bodybuilders, it epitomises the ideal, high protein, clean diet, low in carbs but somehow satisfying, that I would have given my right arm for...
Published on 30 Oct 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for pudding lovers!!!
Please buy this book if you want some decent ideas for main meals. Definately don't buy this book if you're missing sweet desserts/puddingS because you won't find a decent recipe apart from the custards and those you can find in the Dukan Diet book!!!! Disappointing isn't the word but heyho! It was pudding love that got me into this mess but it won't be Dukan puds that...
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by Mrs. D. Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars diet, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
very well written with plenty of help bought it with the dukan diet book!
havent tried the diet yet got ot get my head right first but a couple of my friends have tried it and lossed loads of weight and kept it off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, but NO thanks !, 19 Oct 2010
R. Moore "Ros Moore" (Wellingborough England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought this book in the forlorn hope that it would be a tad different from all the other "diet" books, sadly it was a very expensive mistake. It would cost a small fortune to buy the special food in to actually DO the regime, it may be ok in France where they have brilliant street markets and most of their food is miles cheaper, but sadly not in the UK, so you would need to be very well off to be able to afford this diet. Plus it is a very repetitive regime, in other words boring !
I did read it from cover to cover, and as I said, thanks but no thanks, so it has gone to my local charity shop, good luck to however buys it..that is of course if any one ever does !!

3.0 out of 5 stars diet book, 12 Mar 2011
V. Boardman "bolton" (lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
mmmm dont know whether i'll actually get round to reading this book or not... its a bit heavy reading ... not the easiest book to digest!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Innovative recipes, but has serious flaws, 16 Sep 2010
Mrs. M. F. Pearson "Finnol" (Northampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought the original Dukan Diet book, recognising that it was the only diet that was likely to work for my husband. It is no surprise to me that this is the best-selling diet in Europe, but did not sell by advertising or marketing, but simply by word-of-mouth. The obsession with low-fat diets in the 20th Century has caused an epidemic of obesity that can only be addressed by low-carb diets, which the French have always preferred. Yes, the Dukan Diet is not a "balanced" diet, but neither are the programs based on the USDA food pyramid that recommends 6-11 servings of cereal-based food per day. Many obese people have trouble sticking to low-calorie diets as they are always hungry. This does not happen with the Dukan Diet because the amount of protein suppresses the appetite. The consolidation phase helps stabilise weight & can prevent weight gain.

The recipes owe much to a chef who followed the Dukan Diet & lost weight despite his calling. However, there are flaws in the general directions and the recipes:

1. Dukan advocates aspartame as a sweetener. This can causes weight GAIN, not weight loss; one of the breakdown products of aspartame is methanol, & this is poisonous (causes headaches).

2. Dukan suggests cornflour as a thickener. Not only does cornflour contain carbohydrate, it is a corn derivative that causes a severe reaction in me (& quite a few other people). Why couldn't he have thought of something else?

3. Some of the recipes contain soy sauce. All the bottles of soy sauce that I have looked at contain wheat flour. Surely this cannot be a recommendation for a low-carb diet? There is also the possibility that soy sauce contains monosodium glutamate (MSG). According to Harmony Clearwater Grace writing in HCG Diet Made Simple: Your Step-By-Step Guide Beyond Pounds and Inches, MSG causes weight gain.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dukon Diet Recipe Book, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
Feels cheap on rough paper. Not attractive to look at.

Nothing made me want to go out get the ingredients and cook.

Audrey Faulkner

3.0 out of 5 stars DUCAN DIET, 25 July 2011
ak (great yarmouth norfolk england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
THIS DIET IS SIMILAR TO THE ATKINS DIET . IF I HAD KNOWN I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS BOOK. NO PROBLEMS WITH THE RETAILER AS IT ARRIVED ON TIME.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dukan diet, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
A little complicated nd heavy reading and I have not yet got to grips with it

3.0 out of 5 stars HARD TO KEEP UP !, 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought both the diet book and the recipe book in order that my hubby and I could lose some weight before a cruise we had booked. We didnt even get through the first 3 protein days only, as we were fed up with eggs and meat ! If you can stick to it, I do think it will work, but my hubby wanted potatoes which were not allowed, and peas and carrots which were also not allowed. The best thing I liked were the Galettes (pancakes) - they are great with cheese, tuna or whatever filling you like. I wished there were more receipes for 1 instead of 4 and 6, although there are a few for 2 which you can half. Stick to it, and it will work, but we didnt have enough will power for it I'm afraid.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Dukan Diet Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought the Duken Diet book,after reading about this 'wonderful' diet.

i was very disappointed to find out that it is almost the same as the famous Atkins diet, and in fact it is much harder to do it, as it dosn't allow you in the induction period which last usually two week to eat anything apart from proteins.at least in the Atkins he allows in that period 20 grams of carbohydrates.

As well as nothing new in that Diet, the Duken diet dosn't explain or go to any details of how and why to do this diet

The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
The Dukan Diet Recipe Book by Pierre Dukan (Paperback - 16 Sep 2010)
9.00