5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down

3.0 out of 5 stars Overlong
Published on 23 July 2011 by Mrs. Lillian M. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 29 Oct 2011
Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Malice (Rick Bentz/Reuben Montoya) (New Orleans thrillers) (Paperback)
I started reading this book this morning and I couldn't put it down. Have just finished it and loved it. Jacksons detective Bentz returns to LA as it would appear his wife who has been dead for a number of years is not dead at all. It seems she is taunting him and leading him to seek out old friends who are then murdered putting him in the frame. About half way through the book I smuggly thought I had worked it all out but was completely wrong. Didn't see the end coming at all and was completely stunned . This book is up there with the best and I suggest you buy it and read it right away. Well worth the price and more

3.0 out of 5 stars Overlong, 23 July 2011
Malice was an 'alright' holiday read however I found it to be overlong.Whereas normally I enjoy the twists and turns of a book of this type with this one I just wanted it to end. I did not feel an empahty with the characters,which I normally do with a Lisa Jackson Book, and this might have been why I did not enjoy it as much as others of hers I have read. My advice would be to keep my comments in mind but make up your own mind about whether it is for you or not we all look for different things in our books at different points in our reading life.

2.0 out of 5 stars damned book, 30 July 2012
An interesting storyline which made it hard to put down, although in all honesty, very poorly written. Lots of repetitive word use, and particularly, frequent and inappropriate use of the word 'damned' in almost every paragraph! There are even spelling mistakes and typos throughout. Sack the proof reader/editor!!! :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but often a bit far fetched, 27 Sep 2011
I love Lisa Jackson as a writer and have read many of her
books I would have given it another star but there were bits of the book
when I thought well no that wouldn't have happened even in my
vivid imagination! Great read though well worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars malice by lisa jackson, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Malice (Mass Market Paperback)
what a great book, i could not put it down all the twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat, i was almost sad to finsh it. iv collected and read all of the books in the montoya and bentz collection and love them all as well as the other books that lisa jackson has written i am a big fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Jan 2013
What a great book too read,couldn't put it it down,fantastic ending,love just conquers all,felt like I was there with them throughout through book....

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed!, 8 Nov 2012
I read this book via my book club, and it is usually the genre I Jo for anyway so was excited to start. Well..it started of pretty slowly, and I actually put it down until it was due to be reviewed at book club. The storyline was good, actually really interesting, BUT! The middle-to-ending just felt so rushed. A heap of info was crammed into the last chapters and no time to savour the details, the mood, the atmosphere. All in all, I liked it, it had really good ingredients but the presentation wasn't quite up to scratch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 19 Sep 2014
great book

Malice (Rick Bentz/Reuben Montoya) (New Orleans thrillers)
Malice (Rick Bentz/Reuben Montoya) (New Orleans thrillers) by Lisa Jackson (Paperback - 9 Dec 2010)