on 25 May 2010
I found the book very interestesting and honest, it gave you an insight into the life of a "soap star". Her honesty about her family and her depression gave the reader a peek into a different life than we may have had before. I think Beverley Callard is very brave to speak out about her depression and the effect it has had on life, my sister has sufferd with Manic Depression for years and I am glad to say that she gets the help she needs. Hopefully this book will help a lot of other people to seek the help they need, I can highly reccomend this book.
on 29 April 2010
After my breakdown 8 yrs ago I haven't been able to read much due to lack of concentration but I saw Beverley Callard on TV talking about her breakdown & how she has come through it & I thought I would like to read it.

I wasn't disappointed with the book, I found it easy to read & well written. Beverley talks about her childhood & growing up in Leeds, about tragedies she has had to face from a young age & battles with her health including cancer.
I have recommended this book to all my friends especially as its Mental health week & it really does explain what it is like to go through the darkness of depression & the battles faced to pull through it.
on 13 May 2010
Beverley Callard's book is honest and open. Beverley tells us about her 'off screen' life and she is certainly 'Unbroken'. She demonstrates what spirit she has and how she has faced some difficult and troubled times. There is more to Beverley than being 'Liz McDonald'. Thank you for sharing this with us.
on 21 October 2010
Beverly tells it how it is,she suffered a total breakdown and life was not always good.Off camera she became a broken woman but did receive support from the cast of Coronation Street.Failed marriages,mental torture to the point of being hospitalised, she acted out her roll on the TV and yet she was crumbling in her private life.I enjoyed this biography,written well,and nothing held back,I would recommend this book
on 28 May 2010
This book was compelling and shows a completely different persona to the one we see in Coronation Street.
A fastinating insight into depression and it's various effects on both sufferer and associated family and friends.
As a fellow sufferer I found it inspiring and could not put it down.
Thank you Beverley for the help and encouragement I found there.
The book was delivered promptly and in perfect condition
on 28 February 2011
Beverley's autobiography starts off slow with quite an ordinary childhood and first marriage, but then it rapidly builds into quite an extraordinary tale as she experiences 3 broken marriages, 2 life-threatening pregnancies, cancer, a nervous breakdown, the threat of bankruptcy and numerous family problems. But it's not all doom and gloom, she also talks of her successful career as an actress & fitness instructor, overcoming her breakdown and finally finding her perfect partner.
Beverley writes very honestly and openly about her life and comes across as a really down to earth likable person. I found her writing on the depression she suffered insightful and inspiring towards other sufferers. She also has a great sense of humour and I really enjoyed the funny tales she tells about tricks played on fellow cast members behind the scenes at Coronation Street.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 October 2015
I watched Beverley Callard being profiled on ITV's 'Piers Morgan's Life Stories', and found her interview to be rather interesting. As someone who has suffered from depression and anxiety, I could only sympathise with her as she spoke of her battle with clinical depression.

'Unbroken' isn't just a dip into her career as a fitness instructor and actress, which has seen her have no.1 workout videos, appear in numerous sitcoms, and of course, star as tarty landlady Liz McDonald in 'Coronation Street', it's a real insight into her private life which, despite much personal unhappiness, has left her 'unbroken'.

It's been an eventful life for Beverley so far, including being a teenage mother, experiencing three failed marriages, becoming bankrupt, and having a breakdown which took place a year before she began work on this memoir. She comes across as a strong, determined woman with nothing to hide. Having said that, the early photographs in the book show her looking quite different. I assume that she has had a far bit plastic surgery, but there is no mention of such in the book.

Although there are a few anecdotes about the actors she has worked with the 'Street', including Julie Goodyear, Roy Barraclough, Lynne Perrie, and Charles Lawson who played Liz's husband Jim, this is not you're all-too familiar showbiz memoir, and will appeal to people who have never even seen a 'Coronation Street' episode.

Bev really does lift the lid on everything, and talks about her family at length. I wish her all the luck for the future, and now that she has found happiness with her partner Jon, I hope it stays well for her. There is so much more to this lady than just Liz from 'Corrie', as you'll soon find when you open up this easy-to-read book.
on 23 May 2010
This book is one of the most heart wrenching books ever. Theres tears and laughter, and when you read what Beverley has been through, its amasing that she is the person she is today. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.
on 21 June 2010
After seeing Beverley on a recent TV programme I decided to read her story. What a remarkable woman. The book will touch many of its readers who can associate with some of the traumas and 'down' moments in her life, after all, we all have them at some stage. Beverley has coped with tremendous courage and dignity and deserves to find true happiness in her life.
A book to remember.
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2010
I ordered this for my wife, after she saw an interview with Beverley Callard on TV. Her description of the book to me is "It is a powerful, moving story. She (Callard) has been through so much in her life both on and off screen, and her descriptions of her mental health issues are very moving", She gives it a big 5 stars, and reccomends it highly.