on 21 November 2010
Having been a lifelong Kenny Dalglish fan I eagerly snap up any book abput the King. I was looking forward to this one and was not disappointed. Sometinmes the links back to Liverpool FC being his home are a liitle strained, but there are pleanty of new anecdotes and takes on the events he went through to satisfy the most knoweldgeable Liverpool fan.

It is clear that Kenny loves Liverpool and is unhappy about the current state of the club. This will help you to remember how great Liverpool was and still is as a club, whilst also making you a little sad.

As an ideal accompaniment to this book I recommend Modern Football is Still Rubbish Modern Football is Still Rubbish: Slinging mud at what's left of 'the beautiful game'- another book to highlight how great the game was, but in humorous and satirical way. A great stocking filler and another antidote to the ills of the modern game. Enjoy!

YNWA
on 17 October 2010
For the thirty years I've supported the Reds, no single player has come anywhere near having the same effect on me as Kenny Dalglish. I grew up on his genius & of course, the trophies flowed. Souness, Hansen, Rush & dozens of other sublime talents graced the hallowed Anfield turf but none made the impact that King Kenny did. When he turned his hand to management, the success continued & Liverpool have never quite been the same since the day Dalglish resigned.

This is actually Kenny's third proper autobiography although unlike his others, this focuses solely on Liverpool & even though I don't like admitting it, I expected slightly more in all honesty. Everything is contained in this book that you'd expect from his career it's just that in terms of anecdotes & stories, there's not a huge amount I've not heard previously. Even the funny tales seem a little muted - perhaps Dalglish is just the type of guy who holds back in terms of his private life which would be of no surprise to most who have followed his career with such interest.

The single biggest thing I took from reading this is that Kenny is even more dyed-in-the-wool red than I could imagine. He makes it perfectly clear that ever since he left Anfield, even when taking Blackburn to a glorious Premiership, all he's ever wanted is to return to where he considers home. It simply confirms my belief that post-Benitez, the Board could do far worse than giving the King his throne back & seeing how things turn out.

Even though the book isn't quite as entertaining as I'd hoped, I still hung on every word & enjoyed reading what makes Liverpool's greatest ever player tick. Long live the King
on 23 August 2011
During my time off I was kindly given a copy of My Liverpool Home by Kenny Dalglish which I finished this weekend. I enjoy reading biographies and autobiographies, and as a Liverpool fan it's great to read King Kenny's account. During my life time I don't think any other single player has had the effect that Kenny Dalglish has had - yes Souness, Hansen, Rush, Owen, Gerrard and others have been huge names but Dalglish has been a key part of Liverpool for so many years.

The book isn't so much an autobiography of Dalglish, but more an account of his relationship with liverpool. There's a huge amount of history, stories and anecdotes and it gives a great insight into the inner workings of Liverpool Football Club - both from his time as a player and a manager. It is a very honest, witty and sometimes sad account of his days, giving good honest opinions on what happened at Heysel and Hillsborough.

The single biggest thing I took from reading this is that Kenny is even more dyed-in-the-wool red than I could imagine. He makes it perfectly clear that ever since he left Anfield, even when taking Blackburn to a fantastic Premiership title, all he's ever wanted is to return to where he considers home. It simply confirms the Board's decision to re-appoint Dalgish his role back and see how things turn out.
on 4 October 2010
Im not a big reader of books but as being a Liverpool fan and an admirer of Kenny Dalglish i had to buy this.what a read.at times i thought i was on the pitch it was that good.Had it read in no time.Best book on Liverpool by far.Hope you enjoy.
on 23 November 2011
Whether a reds fan or not this book is a great read from cover to cover. Now that it has been updated to include the 2nd half of the 2010 / 2011 season is even more of a reason to buy it. There has always been an intense rivalry between LFC and MUFC. Kenny has proved that this should be shown on the pitch, and by the fans. But always with respect..... As a player he let his boots do the talking. As a Manager he makes sure his players do the talking for him. The man is a class act, let's hope Carra can follow in his footsteps one day!
on 4 October 2010
Fantastic book, it's just sad reading it and seeing the current flight of LFC. Still nice to read about happier times!
on 22 January 2011
My wife brought me this book as christmas present.I picked it up and started reading on boxing day and can honestly say that it was very hard to put down. Not surprising really as I have been a Liverpool fan since I was seven years old and grew up with Kenny being one of boy hood hero's.
The book gives a great insight into the inner workings of the LFC when Kenny played and managed and how the success of the club was achieved in those days. It is a very honest and witty and sometimes sad account of his days as player and manager. He gives good honest opinions on what happened at Heysel and Hills borough in fact why reading the chapter about Hills borough I had tears in my eyes. He speaks of how let down he felt when LFC didn't consider him for the managers position when Roy Hodgson took over (A situation that has now changed)He states that he will support who ever is in charge for the greater good of the club. He covers some of his personal life through out the book.
An absolutely fantastic read for any football fan
on 18 July 2011
Great read, started reading it and couldn't put it down. Any football fan that has a general all round love for the game will be intrigued to read this man's autobiography. For a change this man has done many things in his football career and had a lot of difficult if not horrific things to deal with in his football life. Good man, good read.
on 8 September 2011
Great read. Having read his first autobiography I thought I knew all about King Kenny but it was really nice to find out new stuff ( i won't spoil it for you). The only tough part was about Hillsborough but apart from that it was a really good holiday read that I wish I hadn't read so quick. If you like football & are a Liverpool fan this is a must.
on 19 January 2011
What can you say about a true legend!. Indoctrinated by my three sons into a compassion for Liverpool Football club it seems inevitable that I could not fail to ignore the significance of Kenny Dalglish as a major part of that club's history. As with other reviewers I found the sincerity of his devotion to Liverpool FC impossible to ignore albeit balanced by his expression of the support the club has given both himself and his family. Maybe the tragedies of Hillsborough and Heysel produced the basis from which mutual devotion is magnified, whatever the answer I for one cannot but admire the man, his values, his honesty in a time when each Saturday we witness degrees of blatant cheating and pursuance of self interest. If I could criticise the book in any way it would be for it's lack of illustrations and that I found it a little lacking in expression towards the end but otherwise a very enjoyable read about one of sports most significant characters.My Liverpool Home