4.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Footballer Britain has ever produced
Published on 17 Oct 2010 by Captain EO

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present
This item was bought as a present for someone and so it is difficult for me to write an honest review about it other than to state that the recipient appeared pleased with the gift.
Published 15 months ago by Roger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Footballer Britain has ever produced, 17 Oct 2010
Captain EO "No. 7" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
For the thirty years I've supported the Reds, no single player has come anywhere near having the same effect on me as Kenny Dalglish. I grew up on his genius & of course, the trophies flowed. Souness, Hansen, Rush & dozens of other sublime talents graced the hallowed Anfield turf but none made the impact that King Kenny did. When he turned his hand to management, the success continued & Liverpool have never quite been the same since the day Dalglish resigned.

This is actually Kenny's third proper autobiography although unlike his others, this focuses solely on Liverpool & even though I don't like admitting it, I expected slightly more in all honesty. Everything is contained in this book that you'd expect from his career it's just that in terms of anecdotes & stories, there's not a huge amount I've not heard previously. Even the funny tales seem a little muted - perhaps Dalglish is just the type of guy who holds back in terms of his private life which would be of no surprise to most who have followed his career with such interest.

The single biggest thing I took from reading this is that Kenny is even more dyed-in-the-wool red than I could imagine. He makes it perfectly clear that ever since he left Anfield, even when taking Blackburn to a glorious Premiership, all he's ever wanted is to return to where he considers home. It simply confirms my belief that post-Benitez, the Board could do far worse than giving the King his throne back & seeing how things turn out.

Even though the book isn't quite as entertaining as I'd hoped, I still hung on every word & enjoyed reading what makes Liverpool's greatest ever player tick. Long live the King

5.0 out of 5 stars King Kenny lives on!, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
Having been a lifelong Kenny Dalglish fan I eagerly snap up any book abput the King. I was looking forward to this one and was not disappointed. Sometinmes the links back to Liverpool FC being his home are a liitle strained, but there are pleanty of new anecdotes and takes on the events he went through to satisfy the most knoweldgeable Liverpool fan.

It is clear that Kenny loves Liverpool and is unhappy about the current state of the club. This will help you to remember how great Liverpool was and still is as a club, whilst also making you a little sad.

As an ideal accompaniment to this book I recommend Modern Football is Still Rubbish Modern Football is Still Rubbish: Slinging mud at what's left of 'the beautiful game'- another book to highlight how great the game was, but in humorous and satirical way. A great stocking filler and another antidote to the ills of the modern game. Enjoy!

YNWA

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read ever, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
Im not a big reader of books but as being a Liverpool fan and an admirer of Kenny Dalglish i had to buy this.what a read.at times i thought i was on the pitch it was that good.Had it read in no time.Best book on Liverpool by far.Hope you enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read by a legend, 4 Oct 2010
N. Basi "NB" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
Fantastic book, it's just sad reading it and seeing the current flight of LFC. Still nice to read about happier times!

5.0 out of 5 stars King Kenny is a must read for all football fans, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Paperback)
Whether a reds fan or not this book is a great read from cover to cover. Now that it has been updated to include the 2nd half of the 2010 / 2011 season is even more of a reason to buy it. There has always been an intense rivalry between LFC and MUFC. Kenny has proved that this should be shown on the pitch, and by the fans. But always with respect..... As a player he let his boots do the talking. As a Manager he makes sure his players do the talking for him. The man is a class act, let's hope Carra can follow in his footsteps one day!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Liverpool Home- King Kenny, 8 Sep 2011
D. Lawrence (Cirencester, Glos, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Paperback)
Great read. Having read his first autobiography I thought I knew all about King Kenny but it was really nice to find out new stuff ( i won't spoil it for you). The only tough part was about Hillsborough but apart from that it was a really good holiday read that I wish I hadn't read so quick. If you like football & are a Liverpool fan this is a must.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Dalglish's love affair with Liverpool, 23 Aug 2011
C. Kidd (Dibden, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
During my time off I was kindly given a copy of My Liverpool Home by Kenny Dalglish which I finished this weekend. I enjoy reading biographies and autobiographies, and as a Liverpool fan it's great to read King Kenny's account. During my life time I don't think any other single player has had the effect that Kenny Dalglish has had - yes Souness, Hansen, Rush, Owen, Gerrard and others have been huge names but Dalglish has been a key part of Liverpool for so many years.

The book isn't so much an autobiography of Dalglish, but more an account of his relationship with liverpool. There's a huge amount of history, stories and anecdotes and it gives a great insight into the inner workings of Liverpool Football Club - both from his time as a player and a manager. It is a very honest, witty and sometimes sad account of his days, giving good honest opinions on what happened at Heysel and Hillsborough.

The single biggest thing I took from reading this is that Kenny is even more dyed-in-the-wool red than I could imagine. He makes it perfectly clear that ever since he left Anfield, even when taking Blackburn to a fantastic Premiership title, all he's ever wanted is to return to where he considers home. It simply confirms the Board's decision to re-appoint Dalgish his role back and see how things turn out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Paperback)
Great read about the life of a great man and football legend.
Really interesting the addition of his side of the events of summer 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for any genuine all round football fan, 18 July 2011
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
Great read, started reading it and couldn't put it down. Any football fan that has a general all round love for the game will be intrigued to read this man's autobiography. For a change this man has done many things in his football career and had a lot of difficult if not horrific things to deal with in his football life. Good man, good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: My Liverpool Home (Hardcover)
I bought this book for a present for my husband's birthday. He finished it in a couple of days and said it was the best book he has read in years! He absolutely loved it and I loved the peace and quiet :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa8684d20)

My Liverpool Home
My Liverpool Home by Kenny Dalglish (Hardcover - 16 Sep 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01