Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 September 2010
I am a teenager who has known for ages that I really OUGHT to read the Bible more. And I want to, I do honestly... But where do I start? And, tbh, there are bits that I don't understand that I just skip over... And I just get so BUSY.

This is where the Bible in One Year from the great team at Soul Survivor comes in to give you a very large helping hand! It gives you a healthy, but not daunting, chunk of the Bible to read every day (A section from the Old Testament, a section from the New Testament and a section of the Proverbs or Psalms) and alongside that there is a blog which gives information and attempts to answer your questions about the difficult parts of the scripture. It's exciting to know that there are so many other people reading it alongside you and it gives you a real impetus to keep going!

I thoroughly recommend this.
on 3 April 2012
Ah the Bible. The most important book you could ever own but the most frustratingly difficult to read. I've lost count of the amount of times I've started at "In the Beginning" and given up after three chapters or so. I must have read the first half of the Gospel of Matthew a good 30 times as well. There's a wealth of incredible and moving stuff in the bible. I've just never found it before.

This bible is especially good for people like me who are quite lazy and forgetful. They've very kindly given each chunk an actual date so you know if you've fallen behind.

You don't have to start on the 1st of september or whenever it is. No point refusing to read the bible for a year cos you missed the starting gun.

The readings given each day are taken from a variety of places to keep it interesting and they're rarely more than a page long so it's very easy to find the time and effort even if you're tired. NO EXCUSES!

In all seriousness though, it's a great way to get reading the bible. It's something I've always struggled to do as I simply forget about it. My bible has slowly gathered dust in a dark corner of my room for years.

It's quite self-explanatory so it's not too hard to work out what to do with it. I have to say that Soul Survivor is not really my thing but this B.I.A.Y is brilliant.
on 10 August 2011
Cleary designed for the start of a school term the dail readings are all dated and start with the September Term.
With all readings identified by a date makes keeping on track right passage right day a lot simpler than say where the days are just numbered 1-365. The introduction and explanations are excellent. MJC[[ASIN:1444703137 NIV Soul Survivor Bible in One Year (Bible Niv Internationl Version
on 4 January 2013
God talks to us through His word moving in us through the Holy Spirit! We need to spend time in it, everyday!

The first time I read the Bible in a year, I read the NIV version from Genesis 1 all the way through to Revelation 22 by following a reading plan I printed out and followed it using my 'everyday' version of the NIV Bible! I loved it, but I needed more structure!

This Bible is great and takes me between 10-15 minuets a day to read! You are given either a section of the Psalm's or Proverb's, then a passage from the New Testament and then a passage from the Old Testament! It doesn't follow the order standard order of the Bible, so it is a little more refreshing and seems to take a more chronological approach (for the OT section anyway).

It is small, easy to hold and a great way to spend a little time in God's word every single day!

Negatives - The pattern on the cover fades quickly, if someone asks you to look up a verse and this is the only Bible that you have on you, there is NO chance of finding it easily and it cuts some of the more 'exciting and fast paced' passages and stories off in the middle, so when you come back to it the next day some of the drive and passion of the story has left you.

Side Note - It does not have a day for the 29th of February (leap year) which either means you get a day off every 1 out of 4 years, or you don't have to read two day's worth of scripture every three years! Win - Win!

Other than that it is fantastic and does precisely what it says on the front cover! The one thing it doesn't give you is discipline and commitment, but they are two characteristics we all need and this might just give you the ability to cultivate them in your life!
on 5 July 2011
There is no need for me to say how much the importance of the Bible is as if your reading this your probably a Christian and know just how important it is.

The Bible in One Year has three readings each day one from the Old Testement, one from either Psalms or Proverbs and the other from the New Testement.

The book is payed out in days and not like a 'normal' Bible with a reading plan at the back, it is actually layed out in days so the first day (September 1st) is on the first page of the Bible.

The best bit about the Bible in One Year course is that there is online resources to help you think about what you've just read, some are videos and some are text, both with a discussion so you can talk to others who have read what you have just read and you can share your experience.
on 20 September 2010
This is great for people who (like me!) sometimes have trouble getting down to reading the Bible. Starting on 1st Sept, each day this Bible presents you with a manageable chunk of reading - generally about 3 pages of the Old Testament, 1.5 pages of the New Testament and half a page of either Psalms or Proverbs.

Whilst it can be used as a standalone Bible, there are no footnotes to help the reader understand more complicated passages. For the best experience, the reader should use the excellent accompanying website which gives a page of notes or a short video for each day to explain the passages in more depth. There is also a section on the website where users can read messages left by others, making the daily readings feel more like a communal experience.
on 5 October 2010
This Bible is fantastic for young people because it is supported by an invitation to connect to a soul soulvivor christian network. As a parent I am very impressed by the idea as it encourages our young people to read the bible. My young teenager has found it very helpful.
on 21 September 2010
This is a fab daily bible, similar in size to a paperback novel so easy to take anywhere. The daily readings are in manageable chunks. I like that it started in September, a second chance to try and keep my new year's resolution to read the bible every day. No excuses now!
on 6 June 2011
Such an AMAZING buy! If you're a teenager like me who finds it hard some times to read the bible daily, this is BY FAR one of the best things to help you! The layout is clear and each day we get another exciting bit to read, so I'd say definitely GO FOR IT! = )
on 15 May 2013
This is brilliant. I already have the paperback version and now I can carry it lightweight on my kindle. It's so easy to use and very well laid out to go through the months. This is a great purchase