5.0 out of 5 stars Lif changing book
Published on 11 Nov. 2011 by omotayo ogunbona

3.0 out of 5 stars good read
Living beyond your feelings is a very interesting and well written book. Would recommend it to anyone. A good read.
Published 6 months ago by GREATPRODUCTS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lif changing book, 11 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don't Control You (Paperback)
This is a book I will recommend for everyone. It's life changing, renewing and refreshing. It teaches how to control your emotions and not let your emotions control you. It teaches that we should not relie on feelings as they are unstable.We can feel wrong, but choose right though it may feel wrong. It's such a powerful book to have in a library as one can refer to it anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars very transformational when applied to your daily life, 14 Oct. 2011
This book is very transformational when applied to your daily life. the beauty of "living beyond your feelings" is that it relates to you, its the reality of life, what you go through everyday and how you can make the best out of life.
if you are not too sure of how you react to things or if you want to improve your way living both personally and socially, then this is the right medication for you...

5.0 out of 5 stars CHAPTER 11 - JOYCE WAS SPEAKING TO ME UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!!!!, 5 Sept. 2013
Joyce touched a soft spot i have dealt with all my years, but the most scary part of it all, was that what happened to her happened to me, but my Mum was the Culprit here. In a proper African (Nigerian) setting, its a taboo to talk about this, most hide it, because of Culture, Shame, maybe pride and ego. But it does happen everyday in the Nigerian society. I almost shed tears all through reading this particular chapter. JOYCE WAS TALKING TO ME, Its as if i was re-leaving my whole life again. I came from a single parent home, was badly, emotionally and physically abused. My first marriage did not work, my second marriage broke down (but now hoping on God for recovery since I became saved). I have been praying and seeking God's help to totally heal me before I read this chapter. But I can proudly say I feel some kind of release and that whole load of baggage leaving me after reading this chapter. Joyce knows how to connect to people, she ministers to all wherever you are in the world through her books. My becoming saved and a born again christian was also through one of Joyce's book (The battle is for the Lord). Joyce is not afraid to speak, she tunes into you personally as if she lived your life and is by your side. She touches a spot that will make you want to reach out, for someone to hear your inner cry and respond and help heal you. (GOD IS ALWAYS THE BEST HEALER). Joyce is indeed blessed and has a special annointing from our MOST HIGH GOD. I pray that unity, peace and love continue to reign in her life AND home in the mighty name of JESUS. I hope to meet her one day hopefully if she comes to minister in UK. Although she seems far away, she is still very near to millions. May God continue to bless you Joyce. PLEASE BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. Stay Blessed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reading, 29 April 2012
My first Joyce Meyer book and I loved it. It has really helped me think about how I behave in relation to my emotions and I know realise that I don't have to let emotions control me. Would recommend this book to everyone..words of wisdom for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and very encouraging reading, 5 Feb. 2013
I absolutely loved the book and ordered 2 more for friends before I finished reading it and also ordered 'Breaking chains of low self-esteem' which I cannot wait for to be here!!!
Everything Joyce says makes a perfect sense. I am a very emotional person who gets easily influenced by her feelings.
This 'gem' explains simply and clearly how not to let them make you the wrong decisions in life..

'Don't listen just to your feelings but use you brain and thoughts too', I was told by someone I turned to when I got confused by how I felt and didn't know what to do.
I did not understand what he meant. Aren't feelings my intuition? Is it not following your heart?
No. Feelings change all the time and cannot be trusted. Feelings can mislead and control you if you let them. We can make the right decisions against the bad feelings! The book which the person recommended me explained everything to me. It was as if a hidden switch inside of my head got turned on and everything is seen in a (different) light.

I have my Diary 2013 full of the quotes from the book and I love spending my journey to work reading them.
They never fail to put a smile on my face and give me strength and energy I need for the day!
Some of those I love most, are:
'If things don't go your way, you can believe that getting your way was not what you needed. God knew that, so he gave you what was best for you, instead of what you wanted.God's timing is perfect. He is never late and my steps are ordered by the Lord.'
'Don't be afraid to tell people that you have stop doing something. Follow God! Follow Peace! Follow your heart and you will accomplish a lot of fruitful things.'
'If you know you can't fix the problem you have, why not relax while God is working on it? The ability to relax is dependent upon our willingness to trust God completely.'
'The ability to connect with others cannot happen if one is trying to control the other. We are not created to be controlled, therefore, we will always resent it.'
'God never gives us more than we can do with peace and joy but we do a lot of what we do because we want to do it. We think we have to do all the things, but we don't.
If you got sick and stayed in hospital for a month, life would go on. The first key to lowering your stress level is to learn to say no. We cannot be people pleasers and keep stress at a manageable level.'
'Wisdom is doing now what you will be satisfied with later on.'
'We don't have to be afraid of upcoming things, we don't have to dread them and we don't have to let circumstances defeat us. God is on our side an his grace is sufficient to meet our every need. We should not even for one moment be frightened or intimidated by anything our opponents and adversaries would heap on us. When we have trials, the spiritual world is watching.
God is watching and Satan is watching and how we respond and what we say and do is very important.'

I love this book and will go back to reading it all over soon again! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best yet, 17 April 2012
We have a few of Joyce Meyers books on our shelf and this is one of her best. Nothing else to say except its a must to buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical excellence, 20 Mar. 2012
Mr. Martin Lumb "Martin" (France) - See all my reviews
A simple yet in depth look at the way we deal with our emotions. Fantastically insightful!

Thanks Joyce!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 13 Mar. 2013
I am so glad I purchased this book. Together with her other books I am on the road of recovery from depression!

5.0 out of 5 stars living beyound your feelings, 5 Oct. 2011
Once again an amazing book would definately recommend to all to read .....
A very strong and encouraging message which enables you to understand and believe you can do it amen x

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 May 2012
well written and takes account of real life situations and how to handle them more comfortably with confidence -- A God inspired book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›