Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 February 2014
The bible was smaller than I expected, perhaps I didn't read the blurb well enough.
However it was larger than my other 'pocket sized' bible and when I put my reading
glasses on it was perfectly readable. Thanks to thin pages it is lighter to tote around
than my full sized bible though the pages don't feel fragile.It is attractive to look at
and makes a nice addition to the 'library'. Thanks.
on 26 October 2012
A compact NIV edition yet it still has print that is of perfectly readable size. This made an ideal gift.
on 22 October 2011
Amazing compact NIV bible! You can take it anywhere and read the God's Word everywhere you go, plus it looks very pretty!!!
on 17 January 2012
This is my first "grown-up" bible since being baptised a good few decades ago and ties in with my church's NIV edition. Together with its handbag/pocket-size format and eye-catching contemporary cover as a bonus, this is just what I was looking for.

The text is clear and concise and offers a great overview of how all the stories, key people and dates all fit together.

It has also piqued my (atheist) partner's interest and appeals also to my daughter (5), who asked me to read her a story from it when she saw me flicking through. It's all credit to the format that I was able to combine a sketchy knowledge of the bible with how its content is organised that I was able to locate and read her the passage about the Magi and King Herod and Jesus' flight to Eygpt, following on from what she understands about the Nativity. (Which then prompted a conversation about evolution with my 7 year old!)

Can't really fault it and exceeds expectations. Well done to the publishers, the designer and typesetters.

Every home/handbag should have one!
on 31 October 2011
I bought this for a friend of mine who is about to go travelling. Its an ideal size to fit into her backpack and its attractive cover made it a lovely gift.
on 16 August 2012
The new NIV translateion is very accessible and I strongly recommend this text. I like this book because it just fits in my back pocket when going to church.
on 26 July 2014
My old favourite Bible is, as we're told they should be, VERY tatty from use. It's also a paperback, which didn't help, so I decided to treat myself to a new Bible with a hard cover. This one is compact - handy for putting in my bag to take to housegroup - but fairly basic, with just a few notes of Biblical events and their references at the front, and summaries of each book of the Bible at the back. The only slight disadvantage - and my fault for not reading the description notes thoroughly before ordering - is that type is a bit on the small side for me to read without my (very low strength) glasses. Otherwise, a useful buy.
on 26 March 2016
lovely bible and the Bible guide at the back that gives a summary of the focus of each book in the Bible and its writer is very good, though wish it also had a few maps...but the print is very nice, ive read some say here it is still smaller than they expected but the print is sharp and very clear, finding it good for my changing reading vision.
love the coverful cover
on 8 January 2016
Got this as a gift. Lovely pocket bible. Exactly as expected. Not a fan of floral patterns normally but love this. Also very useful, it comes with a guide in the back outlining the context of each book in the bible which is handy. Also the text is a good font size.
on 7 April 2014
Although it was smaller than I expected, it is an incredibly nice Bible. The translations are well done, it is enjoyable to read and the cover is very nice. Would definitely recommend this version!