5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy
A compact NIV edition yet it still has print that is of perfectly readable size. This made an ideal gift.
Published on 26 Oct. 2012 by Mrs Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars The contents were as expected, but did not realise ...
The contents were as expected, but did not realise it was only a small bible rather than a full sized one so print was too small for the person it was bought for. So had to go out and buy a full sized bible from elsewhere.
Published 8 months ago by Ginger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 26 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Holy Bible: New International Version (Bible Niv) (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars smaller than expected, 9 Feb. 2014
The bible was smaller than I expected, perhaps I didn't read the blurb well enough.
However it was larger than my other 'pocket sized' bible and when I put my reading
glasses on it was perfectly readable. Thanks to thin pages it is lighter to tote around
than my full sized bible though the pages don't feel fragile.It is attractive to look at
and makes a nice addition to the 'library'. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and compact bible written in great, clear English, 22 Oct. 2011
Amazing compact NIV bible! You can take it anywhere and read the God's Word everywhere you go, plus it looks very pretty!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I was looking for, 17 Jan. 2012
This is my first "grown-up" bible since being baptised a good few decades ago and ties in with my church's NIV edition. Together with its handbag/pocket-size format and eye-catching contemporary cover as a bonus, this is just what I was looking for.

The text is clear and concise and offers a great overview of how all the stories, key people and dates all fit together.

It has also piqued my (atheist) partner's interest and appeals also to my daughter (5), who asked me to read her a story from it when she saw me flicking through. It's all credit to the format that I was able to combine a sketchy knowledge of the bible with how its content is organised that I was able to locate and read her the passage about the Magi and King Herod and Jesus' flight to Eygpt, following on from what she understands about the Nativity. (Which then prompted a conversation about evolution with my 7 year old!)

Can't really fault it and exceeds expectations. Well done to the publishers, the designer and typesetters.

Every home/handbag should have one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 31 Oct. 2011
I bought this for a friend of mine who is about to go travelling. Its an ideal size to fit into her backpack and its attractive cover made it a lovely gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Bible, 7 April 2014
Although it was smaller than I expected, it is an incredibly nice Bible. The translations are well done, it is enjoyable to read and the cover is very nice. Would definitely recommend this version!

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with niv, 29 Mar. 2014
lovely compact Bible, ideal for travelling. NIV is an excellent translation and the print size is ideal. Happy with service

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book, 16 Aug. 2012
The new NIV translateion is very accessible and I strongly recommend this text. I like this book because it just fits in my back pocket when going to church.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible, 6 April 2013
The bible is lightweight ans fits perfectly in my handbag. The Print size is perfect and the bible has very good index section at the front on important events in the bible and in the back offers an overview of each book. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great size, lovely cover design, 10 May 2012
just what I wanted for my bible to travel/keep with me. Small enough to fit in a handbag, but font size large enough to read comfortably. May be small for some though. Cover design is very vibrant and uplifting just what I wanted. God bless.

Holy Bible: New International Version (Bible Niv)
Holy Bible: New International Version (Bible Niv) by New International Version (Hardcover - 18 Aug. 2011)