Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 June 2012
Well i got this as a gift for someone, the bible i currently use is an NIV and thought it would be a good idea to get this for their first bible... it was!

it uses modern day English yer is still true to translation i would recommend this for someones first bible.
it has references to verse that will help you if you are going through some troubling time in life; the person that i brought this for has found this really helpful as she is just starting to discover Christianity.

however if you are looking for a closer translation then you might want to try another version; as this tends to use more common words you hear than direct translations e.g. instead of "by his stripes we are healed" which is a closer translation than NIV you have "by his wounds we are healed" which personley i was glad as I've never heard "stripes" to be used for referring to wounds, but that might be just me.
on 4 March 2013
Love this bible, the content is clearly laid out and easy to read. The cover is durable and a practical size for study at home or house group.
on 18 June 2014
Nice front cover and looks modern, but I dont like the thin pages as I cant highlight or underline :(
on 20 December 2012
Really easy to understand and it's explained in a more easy modern way. It translated from the King James Version.
on 22 December 2015
Bought this bible as a gift. They absolutely loved it. I especially like the fact that it has a section where some verses are given in accordance to topic. Great bible.
on 12 February 2015
This is a Bible and it came as new...I prefer older version of NIV. But Still this is a Bible. I can not give less than 5 stars!
on 22 March 2015
Precisely what I oirdered. Am pleased with the way the content of the book is displayed which is clearly laid out.
on 9 June 2015
Layman' terms bible, not as lyrical as King James Version but is a fine reference
on 21 June 2011
Just what I wanted. If you have not been on an Alpha course and you are agnostic, go on one. Your local church will do them annually.
on 4 February 2016
Clear Bible - good quality paper and an excellent translation. Clear print.