4.0 out of 5 stars Gold standard...'compact' is stretching it though!
As an RN I consult the Royal Marsden all the time, I couldn't be without a copy. It is so straightforward and helpful, and absolutely excellent for dipping into to refresh knowledge on different procedures. I like this 'student' version too, the multiple choice questions are good to test your knowledge, student or not! Definitely a 5 star book, however I docked a star...
Published on 17 May 2011 by Nicolette Laurence

3.0 out of 5 stars Stick with paper format
Content good but kindle version has problems with script especially when in table format. The words mix into each other making it hard to read
Published 13 months ago by MR R HUGHES

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Your bible!, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - Student Edition (Paperback)
I'm a frist year student nurse, and I find this book really helpful.
Easy to follow, easy to read, lots of examples and rational for everything you need to know throughout your student nursing traning. This book is not as wide as the registered nurse one so its easier to fit in your bag, however its still a good weight to carry round!

After learning skills in class its really useful to read further information on prodeduces and good practice in here. If you only plan on buying one book for your nursing this is it and it will be well worth it.

The book is colour coded into sections making it easier to work your way through the chapters, great indexing.

Not much more to say other than I am so glad I have this book its essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definate must have., 21 July 2011
When I read the reviews about this book I didn't realise how thick it would actually be. Was very impressed at the context content and the variety of areas it covered. This book will no doubt be invaluable in helping me when I start my training in September and am looking forward to being able to put what I learn from it into practice throughout and further more into my career.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD SOURCE OF INFORMATION, 28 April 2011
Mrs. T. SALMON "upstreamers" (streatham london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not going to pretend I have read every page of this book, as it as large book of 1040 pages. But I have read sections of it and find it a) easy to find the section I want, and b)very informative and factual, and up to date. Am I qualified to say this, I think so , I have been a nurse now for 26 years and read many nursing books and find this one very easy to navigate around. This would benefit any nursing student , not just those at Royal Marsden , as good nursing care should be the same at any hospital and this book is strong on good nursing care.
It is broken in to 4 parts , and then into chapters , each chapter is colour coded to aid ease of finding the relevent part needed. It is a book in spite of my 26 years nursing that I can see myself dipping into to calrify and up date myself. I strongly recomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Marsden Hosp Clinical Nursing Procedures - excellent., 8 Mar 2012
K. Madden "reallymad" (UK) - See all my reviews
This can only be described as the 'bible' of nursing. It has absolutely EVERYTHING in it. The best investment I've ever made and will be useful for many, many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 May 2011
P. A. Smith (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently got this Manual for a friend of mine who is just starting her career as a student Nurse. She has found it enormously helpful. The book contains a lot of useful information but breaks it all down clearly and concisely with pictures and diagrams and is a great tool to have as a back up to study at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars The last word in nursing textbooks, 9 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is difficult to heap huge amounts of praise on a textbook but as The Royal Marsden is so comprehensive I think I have to throw my hands up and admit that I cannot find much to fault in this book. Clear, detailed and concise, forget the fact that this text is focused on students, I have to admit it is a godsend for newly qualified and experienced staff nurses. Clearly sectioned with photos and checklists to help the reader to understand and learn procedures and theories - it is the market leader for nursing. Also, it is the not the BIG version but the smaller version ie not pocket size or hand bag sized but certainly not the LARGE size one which can bring tears to your eyes if you try to carry it. Overall an essential buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars student bible, 16 Feb 2014
This book is a must have for student nurses, my bible. It mentions procedures along with physiology. It's a must when revusing for OSCE's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 Feb 2014
Great price and great book, that was recommended to my by a fellow nursing student. I will be keeping this one for my own library for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 7 Jan 2014
As a Return to Practice Nurse, who was very unconfident about returning to nursing, this book is ideal. It has reminded me of a lot of procedures, and updated me on new ones. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has been out of mainstream nursing for a while - in my case 15 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 6 Jan 2014
Being just about to return to nursing after a career break,this book is invaluable for updating clinical skills. It is clear and whilst maybe not light bedtime reading, is easy to read and each section is easy to dip into as necessary. i have no doubt that I will be referring to it on a regular basis to ensure my sklls are up to date.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›