Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2013
- Incredibly well written
- Simple layout, great flow and easy to read
- Great use of examples and diagrams to illustrate points
- Exercises are simple to set-up, come with a step-by-step walkthrough and provide the perfect amount of challenge and while still educating. (Note - I have had no issues in using the CD unlike the other reviewer here, it works perfectly).

As a 3rd year PhD student with a project based on seismic interpretation I have found this book incredibly useful in not only refreshing key geophysical concepts, but also to help refine and fine-tune my interpretation skills. The book takes you from the very humble beginnings all the way through to advanced interpretation and techniques and I'd recommend it to anyone serious about seismic interpretation in the oil and gas industry.
on 19 July 2014
By far the best book for beginner I have ever come across. Gives a very good overview of the seismic method while avoiding the deep math which is always an impediment for non-specialists/non-geophysicists. Now if the author could figure out a way of getting the tutorial CD content in the cloud for the Kindle version users, that would be absolutely grand, because the tutorials on the CD of the paper version are really good.
on 12 July 2013
Great book with deep insightful information. Good handbook for every geologist and geophysicists especially young professionals with not many years working experience.
on 24 May 2015
Brilliant, easy to read and absorb knowledge
on 30 December 2012
I bought this book mainly for the CD rom that came with it. With an abstract topic such as seismic processing I thought it would be useful to work through tutorials and gain practical experience. However I have yet to be able to access any of the tutorials. I have spent hours trying to get them to run and have now given up. Every time I try to run the programs they freeze up and I have to keep going into task manager to end the tutorial as the pop up windows will not close. Very frustrating.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse