Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 22 July 2011
I understand that this book was written to answer all of the field technique questions that arise on field trips. I bought it because I thought it might be useful. I found it to be a high quality OU book (no surprises there) that does what is says in the title. It is packed with useful information needed by anyone going on geology field trips and the author has created a very clear product. I would recommend it to anyone interested in this field.
on 8 September 2012
This book was recommended to me by a trusted fellow OU Earth Sciences student so I bought it sight unseen. Despatch from Amazon was rapid and just skimming the first few pages told me that I had made no mistake. Whilst starting with the basics at no stage did I feel talked down to. The book is well and appropriately illustrated and is in the style of OU Earth Science text books. I cannot now conceive how I have been studying geology for so long without this book. It should be one of the first books any student of geology buys. Congratulations to Angela Coe for producing such a useful tome!
on 17 October 2011
This is a superb book for anybody who wants to learn how to collect data on rocks in a systematic and scientific way. The key section on creating a field notebook is the best I have seen. Whilst there is the presumption that the reader will already have a good understanding of geology, that skill can come through personal reading, or undertaking a degree in the subject. Geology is such a fascinating subject that it has always benefitted from the work of the amateur (i.e. the non-vocational geologist) and they will enjoy this book as much as the undergraduate and seasoned professional.
on 11 February 2014
While this is an OU book and written to supplement their courses, it stands alone as valuable to anyone interested in, or learning geology. I wish I had this book while doing S276. It would have turbo-charged my understanding. If you are a poor student and can't afford this book, sell your hammer and buy this. Its only a shame it isn't waterproof or fit easily in a pocket, or I'd carry it.
on 16 September 2011
This book is clear, informative and well illustrated. To anyone interested in geology this is a great help in interpretting the depositional environment and strata seen.
on 4 September 2011
Great reference tool and revision aid to geology course work, as well as its primary purpose of informing and instructing on field work.
on 28 February 2014
Book arrived on time and in good condition, can't fault the service
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in, or currently involved in, geological fieldwork
on 29 September 2013
Good product, arrived in time, does what is says on the tin
Woulid purchase from these people again, if I need another one
on 16 October 2013
What I consider to be a must read before geological field work. If taking any book along on a field trip make it this one.
on 22 September 2015
Fantastic for a person new to Geological fieldwork straight forward informative and well presented