5.0 out of 5 stars Geological Field Techniques, 22 July 2011
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
I understand that this book was written to answer all of the field technique questions that arise on field trips. I bought it because I thought it might be useful. I found it to be a high quality OU book (no surprises there) that does what is says in the title. It is packed with useful information needed by anyone going on geology field trips and the author has created a very clear product. I would recommend it to anyone interested in this field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Field Geology, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
This is a superb book for anybody who wants to learn how to collect data on rocks in a systematic and scientific way. The key section on creating a field notebook is the best I have seen. Whilst there is the presumption that the reader will already have a good understanding of geology, that skill can come through personal reading, or undertaking a degree in the subject. Geology is such a fascinating subject that it has always benefitted from the work of the amateur (i.e. the non-vocational geologist) and they will enjoy this book as much as the undergraduate and seasoned professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
This book is clear, informative and well illustrated. To anyone interested in geology this is a great help in interpretting the depositional environment and strata seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Geology students especialy OU, 4 Sep 2011
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
Great reference tool and revision aid to geology course work, as well as its primary purpose of informing and instructing on field work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
Book arrived on time and in good condition, can't fault the service
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in, or currently involved in, geological fieldwork

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical geology field skills, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
While this is an OU book and written to supplement their courses, it stands alone as valuable to anyone interested in, or learning geology. I wish I had this book while doing S276. It would have turbo-charged my understanding. If you are a poor student and can't afford this book, sell your hammer and buy this. Its only a shame it isn't waterproof or fit easily in a pocket, or I'd carry it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Field guide, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
What I consider to be a must read before geological field work. If taking any book along on a field trip make it this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars I needed on I bought one, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
Good product, arrived in time, does what is says on the tin
Woulid purchase from these people again, if I need another one

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential Book for any Geologist!, 8 Sep 2012
Robin Hackshall (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Geological Field Techniques (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a trusted fellow OU Earth Sciences student so I bought it sight unseen. Despatch from Amazon was rapid and just skimming the first few pages told me that I had made no mistake. Whilst starting with the basics at no stage did I feel talked down to. The book is well and appropriately illustrated and is in the style of OU Earth Science text books. I cannot now conceive how I have been studying geology for so long without this book. It should be one of the first books any student of geology buys. Congratulations to Angela Coe for producing such a useful tome!

Geological Field Techniques
Geological Field Techniques by Angela L. Coe (Paperback - 8 Oct 2010)
22.49