4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it would stick to one variety of pronunciation
Published on 13 Mar 2012 by Alan Fisk

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed
Although the title states audio eBook for Kindle I was disappointed after spending £12 to find out the audio does not work. Had I known this beforehand I would have purchased it as a book and CD.
Published 11 months ago by Lisa Pollitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it would stick to one variety of pronunciation, 13 Mar 2012
Alan Fisk (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I like this course very much, but for a learner it is confusing that speakers come from different parts of the world and therefore pronounce certain sounds differently (as do speakers of English and French, of course). I realise that the idea may be to prepare learners for the different types of Spanish that they will encounter if they do not confine themselves to visiting Spain but go to Latin America as well, but for learning purposes it would be much better if the dialogues were to stick to European Spanish, and if a separate course were to be issued for Latin American Spanish.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 27 Sep 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing/False advertising, 23 Dec 2012
I ordered this product back in October assuming it would be the Book/CD pack as advertised for £8 or so. Imagine my surprise when I finally get the chance to open my new purchase and it only contains the book.

DON'T ADVERTISE AS "BOOK/CD" IF IT ONLY CONTAINS THE BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoloutely Brilliant, 7 Jan 2011
This is the best language learning course I have ever seen. The book is clearly set out, and the CDs are clearly spoken and really help with your pronounciation. I still can't believe how cheap it is!!!!

¡Muy bien!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 3 Oct 2011
E. Clarke "Cambusken" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an attractive and effective way to learn everyday Spanish. The scenarios are realistic, the vocabulary up to date and the exercises challenging enough to make you feel good but not so hard as to be discouraging. I have absolutely no criticism whatsoever. (I did spot one typo but I forget where it was).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but don't order the separate audio support CDs, this product already includes them!, 1 Aug 2013
David Harper "Doctor David" (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teach Yourself Complete Spanish (Book/CD Pack) (Teach Yourself Language Complete Courses) (Paperback)
This is an excellent introduction to written and spoken Spanish. I found it very easy to learn from this course, even though I knew almost no Spanish when I started. The course uses examples from practical, real-life situations throughout, so right from the start, I was learning words and phrases that will be useful.

The course teaches the dialect of Spanish that is spoken in mainland Spain, but the author frequently highlights the important differences in pronunciation and word usage that you'll encounter in Latin America and in regions of Spain such as the Canary Islands.

CAVEAT: If you're planning to buy this product, please note that it includes the same pair of audio CDs that Amazon sells separately as "Teach Yourself Complete Spanish: Audio Support", and which it lists under the "Frequently Bought Together" heading. This is very misleading and confusing. If you click "Add both to basket", you'll end up with two sets of the audio CDs, and you'll have to return the extra set to Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 15 Sep 2010
I've been learning Spanish for about 4-5 years now and it's fair to say I've bought a lot of books in my quest to speak the language. I think this book, at least for me, is the best book I've seen. It covers so much for one book. There's no substitute for hard work and any book you buy will only be as good as the effort you put into learning the language. That said, this is a very good book to have if you're serious about learning this brilliant language

4.0 out of 5 stars It's doing the job, 14 Nov 2010
I am trying to brush up my Spanish and this course seemed to be the right one for the job. It covers a lot, has plenty of revision drills. Not that it matters much, but paper quality and pictures are quite pleasing. On the minus side, somethings look a bit strange, there may be some typos.

3.0 out of 5 stars CDs needed, 17 Mar 2014
The text and organization of material appear fine, but I had understood that this product would provide opportunities to hear spoken Spanish.

How can I procure the CDs to accompany this book?

4.0 out of 5 stars Oral Backup, 15 Oct 2011
Birdman "Ray" (West of Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have used the earlier hardcopy version for a while which is really very good - it came with 2 discs which are also VG. I have tried the Kindle version and am still impressed but what is missing is the discs for oral back up etc - my older ones are not fully co-ordinated with the new layout. Is it possible to down load the disc part to a PC? This would help with speaking and listening.