5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!
Published 17 months ago by Mrs G

3.0 out of 5 stars Constantly mixing up self employed, limited company & LLP
Published 6 months ago by dipstick

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, 5 Feb 2013
I have just started my own limited company and really wanted to be able to understand all the different taxes I would face and the pitfalls and this book made that all really clear and simple. I may not decide to do my own taxes but I will be able to discuss things in a much more educated way with an accountant. There is also some really good advice on the pitfalls and also highlights the areas where it might be tempting to try it on with HMRC but why this is never a good idea - I laughed at the insight into the 'Business splitting' in the VAT chapter! This book was probably the best few pounds I could invest in my business!

5.0 out of 5 stars Understand Tax for Small Businesses, 10 Mar 2014
Tealady2000 (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Understand Tax for Small Businesses: Teach Yourself (Paperback)
I'm a sole trader and this book is invaluable every time I come to fill in my tax return. I had the previous edition and I was happy to buy this new version which has many useful updates. The advice is clear and the examples are helpful. Many of the chapters do not apply to me but the ones that do are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Constantly mixing up self employed, limited company & LLP, 29 Dec 2013
Not one to buy if you actually want to know something specific because it's constantly blurring the lines between the different types of legal entity with the result that you're never sure what tax law applies to which type of business. I was hoping for a simple recipe to help me run my business but this is three all mixed up and swapping between them paragraph to paragraph, sometimes sentence to sentence. Would be 26 times better as three books not one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear guide, 5 July 2013
This guide is very well written and gives a clear structured explanation of all relevant tax issues for running a small business. Plenty of example calculations really help.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain !, 6 Jun 2014
Very concise, and easy to read, with no previous knowledge required.
Would recommend as a useful portable tax reference book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and easy to read in bite size chunks, 23 Jan 2014
Not the easiest and most interesting subject to write about but this book faces the challenge and succeeds where others fail. Addressing different aspects of tax in different chapters and following a logical progression it is easy to either read from cover to cover or to dip in and out of. The chapter summaries have been particular use in order to identify which chapters to refer to

3.0 out of 5 stars Too wordy, 7 Aug 2013
Not as simple and straight forward as it leads you to believe from the title. Maybe I should be looking for the 'Idiots guide to taxes', but I didn't find it as straightforward as i expected. It was almost as bad as listening to my accountant and wondering what he is talking about, which defeats the object of why I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 1 April 2013
A very useful book. I am studying bookkeeping and needed some help in this part of it. Does its job. Good explanation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 10 Feb 2013
Does exactly what it says on the cover. Easy to understand and a good place to start with the basics.

Understand Tax for Small Businesses: Teach Yourself
Understand Tax for Small Businesses: Teach Yourself by Sarah Deekes (Paperback - 26 Oct 2012)
12.08