on 28 April 2013
A well written introduction to criminology. Easy to understand, and with examples from very recent crimes which most UK readers will recognise from the news media.
on 13 September 2013
I bought this book before starting a course in Criminology and it helped me get a good understanding of the subject in advance.
on 30 December 2013
This was a fantastic bargain for students of criminology. It came promptly and is now being used a reference text.
on 3 June 2015
Until I read this book I did not appreciate how many types of crime there are, it was amazing to see them all listed and described. The book takes its reader through the whole field of criminology and as such would I think appeal to any student of the subject. As an interested reader, but not having any involvement in criminology I found it interesting to learn how justice is administered, but also to learn about the limitations of the legal and criminal systems. Well worth reading.
on 16 March 2014
It is a very helpful guide to the study of criminology. Well worth buying if you want to study criminology.
on 1 August 2014
I love this book. It is so easy to read but especially easy to understand. I bought it for my teenage daughter who is considering a future career in law and she has found it very interesting too. Very well laid out. Its great
on 22 May 2015
So happy great price for it and its just absolutely a fantastic book love it!! :) thank you so much again Book depository!! :) :) xx
on 9 September 2014
A clear and concise introduction which gives you a clear understanding of the fundamentals and prepares you for further reading.
on 5 March 2013
I feel the information is well written to take in like being in a classroom setting whilst reading a book. Well written, easy to follow
on 6 August 2013
An excellent introduction to the subject. As a non-academic with just a passing interest, it was clearly laid out and all the main ideas were described in simple, plain language. The repetition of points the author thought were important got a bit annoying but I guess students would find them useful. It was particularly good to see the focus was on the criminal system in the UK. As a Brit I frequently struggle with texts from Amazon that concentrate on the US procedures that I am unfamiliar with. A great and educational read.