5.0 out of 5 stars Please read! Review about the book - not the seller!
Published on 12 Jan. 2013 by Jen

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want to order it, do it a year in advance...
Apparently this revision guide is really good.. but I wouldn't know because it didn't arrive on time!
I ordered this about 3 weeks ago, it said it would take 7-10 days to arrive but I was fine with that and ordered it with first class delivery so it would be here in plenty of time for my exam on the 3rd June.
3 weeks on and it still hasn't been dispatched and my...
Published 13 months ago by Emma Painter

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read! Review about the book - not the seller!, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Edexcel A2 Psychology Student Unit Guide: Unit 3 New Edition Criminological and Child Psychology (Paperback)
I bought this book a while ago, from a different seller, so my rating is based on the book itself not the seller. This book is one of the best revision books for criminiology and child psychology. It contains all of the information you need in enough detail to make good notes (but the book itself is not too wordy which is good - it gets to the point). If you buy this book, you will not need to use any other textbook because all sections are covered really well.

This revision guide briefly tells you the things you need for the exam, including revision tips and the differences between AS ans A2. It then goes on to explain methodology, content, key issue, your practical, studies in detail and definitions. There are also some really helpful questions and answers (which have been marked and explain how to improve) at the back. Throughout the book there are questions for you to answer with the answers at the back.

All in all I cannot see how anyone can be disappointed buying this book. It explains everything from percentages of the marks towards the exam to practise questions/answers to the full content of what you need to pass psychology.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want to order it, do it a year in advance..., 26 May 2014
3 weeks on and it still hasn't been dispatched and my exam is next Tuesday.

Such a p**s take, my teacher told me this would be really helpful for my revision but by the time amazon actually bother to send it out it will be too late.
If it is out of stock they could have at least said so I didn't waste 3 weeks waiting for it to come when I could have got it from somewhere else.

If you plan to order this I would advise you do order it a year in advance so hopefully it will get here in time for your revision, otherwise I wouldn't bother and go somewhere more reliable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly too general, 19 May 2013
I found that every point made in this booklet is every point made in the textbook I have from class. Also, I found that it included detail on things I don't need (depression) and then does not include specific statistics for topics I do need (the percentage of the concordance rates from Gottesman and Shields). I believe it was that, though it may've been another major study instead. Rosenhan was also not explored well enough and considering that it's my study in detail, I found this book lacking. It's not very long and it's expensive for what it is. I think you can do well in the exam without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for anyone who tends to write too much, 15 April 2014
Usually in exams I really waffle and have trouble distinguishing the right points to be making for each mark. This book is perfect because it's so succinct (only half of the book is actually course content, with the rest being exam questions), and it's very comforting to have huge sprawling approaches like child condensed. the only issue may be that the studies to support/contradict in here won't always be the ones you've studied in class, so make sure you don't forget those too.
Overall this book is incredibly useful in my revision and I'm so glad I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good reference for quick revision, 25 April 2012
Obviously this is a revision book and not a text book and therefore you cannot expect too much detail from it.
The pages are bland with no colour which makes the whole experience of revising rather dull.
However, they are small books and therefore an easy carry around for reading in public ect.

Worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 11 Feb. 2015
I love these revision books. The information is clear and concise, the evaluation points are a tad brief though and need to be expanded on. I wouldn't have achieved an A at AS without these books. I hope it will be a great help this year too! Worth a buy

3.0 out of 5 stars good, handy little book, 25 Dec. 2013
Even though I was aware that it was a revision book it does not include all the information that I needed. However it covers most topics in the simplest easy to remember way. I would buy this again and will buy the unit 4 one of this book too

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 25 Nov. 2013
helps me a lot when I have to revise for test. easy to read and simplifies difficult studies. there are some things missing but that depends on what your teachers teaches you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A level study book, 13 Dec. 2013
Great bargain this was purchased for my daughters a level study. It has proved invaluable its used constantly. I find amazon have really good bargains saves so much money.

Edexcel A2 Psychology Student Unit Guide: Unit 3 New Edition          Criminological and Child Psychology