4.0 out of 5 stars good value
I was pleased to see a revision book. It has lots of key facts and is chunked down for easier revision, but not in enough detail for A* grade. You need the other textooks and class notes for more information and to do the revision activities in the book. It has a few exam questions and model answers at the back.
There is also a section on completing the controlled...
Published on 14 April 2012 by Mrs. Amanda M. Lovejoy

1.0 out of 5 stars there needs to be a much better book
Published 23 months ago by Sarah

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 14 April 2012
This review is from: WJEC GCSE Hospitality & Catering: My Revision Notes (Revision Guide) (Paperback)
There is also a section on completing the controlled tasks. This is helpful but not revision.
It is a thin book with 90 pages and half of this is Hospitality which you may not need if only taking Catering GCSE WJEC.
I am recommending it to my students as the price is reasonable and it is easy to read and colourful.

1.0 out of 5 stars there needs to be a much better book, 14 May 2012
I was dissapointed when i got this book as i thought it would help me revise for my exam that is on wednesday but when i bought it i thought it was a little too thin compared to others that i have bought! i opened it up and found that there really isn't anything much in it that is useful to me. the notes are so brief that theres no point to it, there are huge gaps in it that the specification require (my teacher gave it to us to help us revise which has been really useful and lucky for me to know what is missing in that book) also my teacher is really good and gave us detailed notes over the last two years but i'm missing some notes that i need and am now stuck. there is probably one thing that has helped me in that book.
I highly recomend not buying this as it is way over priced and a waste of time and in all honisty there needs to be a much better one and fast!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 24 April 2014
The book is very thin, especially as I only needed the catering section. I found that the sections missed details and was confusing at times. I wouldn't suggest this book for revision because it is not easy to revise from and it misses parts that are crucial to the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am extremely happy with this purchase, 21 Mar 2014
I loved this product, I was initially afraid of buying a 2nd hand book but it was in perfect condition and it arrived very quickly and it was much cheaper than the 1st hand editions. Excellent will be buying from here again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great teaching aid, 10 Aug 2013
Bought this when I started teaching GCSE catering last year, I found it really useful for both in class activities and revision sessions with the class. Easy to understand, information is kept to what needs to be known and doesnt include a tone of information that you will never use. Very good for teachers and students.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 6 Aug 2013
This book is a good support guide to the subject but unfortunately, my son's school had adapted the curriculum and much of his work was not covered in the book. Not the books fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE, 25 July 2013
this is a useful guide to the gcse and contains an outline of all the information that is needed for the wjec course

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 14 May 2013
Very helpful for my hospitality and catering exam, this book is amazing and I am happy that I purchased it. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory For Suitable Revision, 3 April 2012
I bought this book from Amazon with the hope it would not only aid my revision, but fill many holes in my knowledge upon the subject. After flicking through the incredibly thin revision guide it soon became apparent that this book does not contain the information to learn in the first place, just a few sketchy / summary notes. This rendered me from being able to answer many of the questions, due to the fact none of the information was in this book. I would highly advise against buying this product unless you had highly substantial revision notes!

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says, 24 April 2013
it does what it says on the cover. Clear dialogue, great pics. Just what I needed, and very easily found.

ARRAY(0xb4e93ee8)

WJEC GCSE Hospitality & Catering: My Revision Notes (Revision Guide)
6.39