4.0 out of 5 stars Concise and helpful, but use with other textbooks.
I bought this revision book to give me a little extra help. It's great, written by an Edexcel examiner (so you KNOW it's going to be the right stuff ;)) - essentially a simplified, concise version of my other textbook - A2 US Government and Politics: Textbook

Published on 8 Jun 2012 by claudiastar-x

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful for exam preparation
What's Good

.Contains a good array of facts and statistics for all topics e.g Voting trends of different ethnic and religious groups
.It is very quick and easy to read, it took me only around an hour and a half to read so repeated reading isn't so tedious

What's Bad

.The book seems to just throw stats and figures in your face with...
Published 16 months ago by Aaron B

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise and helpful, but use with other textbooks., 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: My Revision Notes: Edexcel A2 US Government & Politics (Paperback)

The book summarises the eight topics of the Edexcel Politics: Option C specification and even contains practise exam questions, the answers to which you can find online, which is brilliant if you're like me and want to do as many questions as possible during your revision-time. However, do not neglect your textbooks! This book does not contain everything on the Edexcel specification; personally I've had to use four different books, including this one, to give me everything I need whilst I revise.

Would thoroughly recommend this book :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A2 US Politics, 21 Sep 2012
I am a current A2 student that used the UK AS Revision guide for last year which helped me to succeed and achieve my aspirational grade. Therefore, as soon as I started A2 politics I immediately purchased with book as it is extremely useful and descriptive over all areas that are covered within the exam. The structure and layout of the book makes the information easy to digest. A definite buy for Edexcel A2 US politics, honestly it helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars useful useful, 12 July 2014
fabulous!!!! brilliant, great! i actually used for aqa and ignored edexcel sections/tasks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for description of processes, 5 Jun 2014
Really handy to use in conjunction with other textbooks, but lacks enough detail and examples to be used on its own. Short and concise description of all the processes you need to understand, which is great because sometimes his other book can be a little too descriptive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful for exam preparation, 5 Jun 2013
What's Good

What's Bad

.The book seems to just throw stats and figures in your face with little to no structure whatsoever leaving you confused as to how to develop these
.The book gives you absolutely no sense of argument building whatsoever though it does list key factors (not for most questions) they are so simple and backed up with no detail so in the actual exam you have hardly any real substance in your paragraphs
.Though there are some example questions at the end of each section it just tells you to go to their website to plan these out, there are no sample answers with examiner notes and advice, which in my view are probably the most useful revision tool.
.The examiner notes that do exist are just tips at the side of each page which are an absolute joke, explaining obvious things like "remember not to say all women vote Democrat, there are plenty of Republican women'" and perhaps the most enraging of all was it's suggestion "try not to just use brown vs BOE for a landmark decision in race relations" yet doesn't offer any alternative of it's own.

Conclusion

This book is not helpful if it's your only resource for revision. I purchased this book and probably read it around 7-8 times and knew much of it inside and out before entering my 3C politics exam yesterday, nothing in the exam was covered in the book and my paragraphs lacked any real bulk because the book gave no sense of the real arguments. This was not only with me but other students in the class who felt that they had failed despite revision.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure..., 28 Dec 2012
To be quite honest, I couldn't see what was too brilliant about this book. It lacks a lot of explanation, but does supply good examples to use when writing out answers. The layout was clear and simple, but really, it is too over simplified, even for a revision book. I feel that it misses out vital chunks needed to study... For example, there's barely anything on the internal ideological debate in the two major parties! I suppose it's a good start for revising, but not worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars DD LIKES THIS, 12 Dec 2012
L. Lomax "fubsy" (UK) - See all my reviews
I don't use this, my dd does as her school textbook is not very good. Delivery was prompt and this book is used most days.

My Revision Notes: Edexcel A2 US Government & Politics
My Revision Notes: Edexcel A2 US Government & Politics by Anthony J. Bennett (Paperback - 27 Jan 2012)
Used & New from: £5.99