5.0 out of 5 stars essential, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: My Revision Notes Edexcel AS History: The Experience of Warfare (MRN) (Paperback)
I was recommended this by my history teacher as I found our textbooks difficult to use and the format was confusing. This was clearly set out, easy to revise from and contained all the important information and most importantly example answers which I found the most useful. I only used this book in the week before the exam and achieved an A moving from a D in mocks. The best 6.50 spent and a must have for anybody doing 20th century history!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Mar 2012
This book is very well organised, full of revision hints and focussed on exam requirements. It's also packed with interesting facts and arresting - often touching - excerpts from primary sources. The author's teaching experience really come through: she knows how to get across the infomation needed in as gripping a way as possible. It'll be invaluable for anyone taking AS, and a good read for everyone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference material, 6 Feb 2014
The text book was as described, arrived in good time and is a very useful reference text book to support A level study.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for last minute, 4 Jun 2013
I found this really good for last minute revision and double checking basic facts but it lacks details and doesn't really show many dates - good book but I'd have another for studying definitely - probably hodder education. Overall good to have in the background.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 30 May 2013
Great for exam times, really useful tips and ideas of what to look for at a critical period in history and gives an idea of what the examiners are looking for.
recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Overview for Students, 14 Mar 2013
Yet another addition to an excellent series of A Level Revision guides. Content clear, accessible with tips and exemplars showing how to build upon and improve written answers to questions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 14 Jun 2012
T. Heffer (Near Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Really helpful: examples at the end of each chapter of perfect (or near perfect) part a and b questions (should know what I'm talking about if your taking this exam!)allowed me to go into the exam knowing how to write and like I said was an invaluable aid. Although it was incredibly helpful in training and challenging my exam technique, it does lack the detail you need to get the highest grades (A/A*) but the detail you need to get these grades will be in your text book or you should be doing background reading and this revision guide gives you enough to get a pass. In conclusion; this is the only really helpful revision guide if you want to improve your exam technique but if your confident in your technique this revision guide does not go into anymore detail than your text book does, though still provides a useful summary.

live fast die old: PEACE :D

(written by this user's son)

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 9 April 2012
I have bought this book and the one on British warfare. I find them both incredibly helpful and easy to use. They give you the basic facts you need to know and nothing more (which I believe is good, as you don't have to worry about all the little details you might not know). The book is also written by the exam board, so they therefore put in everything you need to know. Very good, I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars History Revision Notes - Barbara Warnock, 27 Mar 2012
This is book is really helpful, interesting and easy to follow. It has a lot of exam-focussed hints and tips and has total relevance to current History courses. Information is well-organised, and the teacher/examiner who wrote this obviously has the experience and insight into the course and exams to prepare any student for AS. It really is quite an interesting read and inspires confidence once read and understood.

ARRAY(0xa7ef7528)

My Revision Notes Edexcel AS History:  The Experience of Warfare (MRN)
8.99